How much of your monthly income....

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
do you spend on records?Aside from the dealers, just wondering how much out of your paycheck do you spend on records?Are you or ?

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Almost none anymore. Saving up to buy a place. Get most of my music from soulseek

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    i don't really buy any new hip-hop anymore on vinyl, aside from a few artists that drop once every 2 years...

old records, im slowing down since i got Microwave. aside from production tools and things i can flip for $crilla or really ill new discoveries..., basically meaning, nearly nothing, a month I would spend about $50-60. Before when I was in the thick of playing hip-hop in the late 90s, I was poppin about $300-400 every 2 weeks. ... oh how times have changed. I ain't into poppin' no $100 for a record no more, i see these fools still poppin like major loot for records that have been sampled to death, available on cd for listening, but still wanna have the OG for $500... times have changed for me, thats for sure...

peace.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Almost none anymore. Saving up to buy a place. Get most of my music from soulseek

Like this, but "Saving up to keep a place."

Wife, Kids and Mortgage. Even Jaws had trouble swimming with 3 barrells attached.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm still at a stage where I'll buy a $40 record on ebay, but delay buying new clothes.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i've stopped for 5 months now...doing some savings.

but earlier this year I would spend maybe USD300 a month on records.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    pretty much anything that doesnt go towards rent

records>food usually

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Ditto

Though been getting my grown man on and finally managing to splash out on clothes in much the way that I always used to drop cash for audio/visual gubbins.

• 40 a month is all I can spare these days. If ism looking for breaks or something to flip, I just get it from a podcast.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    i thought this was gonna be how much a month spent on weed, anyone care to detail the impact this lifestyle neccesity has upon their income?

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    somethin like 500swiss francs

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    pretty much anything that doesnt go towards rent, insurance, and weed

records>food usually

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Couple years a go, I was up to 600/month until I got my weight up. Now, I pretty much buy to resell with the occasional splurge.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    More than I should be spending ($100-300). Got a mortgage and bills to pay also.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    ever since the new job it's been on the $500 tip. i realize that's going to have to change soon.

• I'm selling quite a bit at the moment, so I'm spending nothing and making about $500 a month...

• If I notice I'm spending too much, I cut myself off. Although sometimes you just have 'one of those months,' where you add it all up and just go "ouch!!"

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I try to stay around $100 or so a month. I've got too many damn bills to spend more and I'm going to have more very soon. Pre-girlfriend, pre-kid, pre-home owner I could spend $600 or more a month.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm selling quite a bit at the moment, so I'm spending nothing and making about $500 a month...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'm still at a stage where I'll buy a $40 record on ebay, but delay buying new clothes.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    50%

but i think i might qualify for dealer status at this point.

• $300 (which is roughly 10% of the $3000 I make monthly selling cocaine on the block )

• $300 (which is roughly 10% of the $3000 I make monthly selling cocaine on the block )

that made me laugh...good shit.

this month i spent about $1000. I sometimes flip shit i have laying around to make up for it.
    in my mind i work things out like this... if somebody asked me to dj a night in exchange for a record that is say $500, i would do it no sweat. so to me it makes sense. plenty of scrilla off parties during the holidays...not as much as phil makes of the krills on the block tho.
    alot of fiends have records too, good way to connect.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    Its sad but I spend anywhere from 40% to 65% of my monthly income on records. Having cheap rent, and no need for a car allows for this to happen. My monthly income comes from djing so I suppose its sorta warranted though

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I usually bring about $500 total to L.A. 2 big record fairs but usually end spending only a fraction of that (usually less than half)

of what I buy I usually get a majority of peices to resell either in set sales or Ebay in the hopes of making my money back and breaking even.

last couple months I've been lunching so I'm defintly in the red

• this question needs to be rephrased...

How much of your parent's monthly income do you spend on records?

to bring out the real "ballers"

• nowaydays i spent about 0 - 300$ for music in a month. my baller time is bygone, between 95-98 (time of my first job) i spended 1000$ every[/b] month, all good things must be bought double + every pseudo rap 12 inch was mine at this time, i couldn??t resist.