Shipping w/ Tracking to Japan?

maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone know the most reliable way to ship a record to Japan w/ tracking info? In the past I've just shipped uninsured air letter post and haven't had any problems, but the person I'm shipping to strongly prefers a method that can be tracked. I'm guessing Fed Ex? Anyways, any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• USPS has a service that basically runs through Fed Ex - called Global Express Guaranteed.

I think it's about the same as fed ex, cost-wise.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    i ship all my baller records fedex. it costs about 75 bucks for one record to japan. costly, but it guarentees noone will try that chargeback scam.

• i ship all my baller records fedex. it costs about 75 bucks for one record to japan. costly, but it guarentees noone will try that chargeback scam.

does fedex provides proof of delivery that paypal actually accepts? have you asked paypal directly about this or are you just assuming that fedex provides proof of delivery that paypal accepts? i set up a dhl account with intent of shipping baller items through them, when i ran this past a paypal employee i learned that DHL's proof of delivery won't help paypal decide a dispute.

• you can also send it registered via usps and it seems to be the main form of proof at paypal accepts. it's costs about $8.00.

• This is the first time that I've heard paypal accepts a registered receipt as proof. Can anyone confirm this with certainty?

• This is the first time that I've heard paypal accepts a registered receipt as proof. Can anyone confirm this with certainty?

I can - I just had someone try and put the moves on me and paypal told him to step off. with registed packages, you have to sign for them. the tracking on that can be checked thru the usps.com site and that's apparently all paypal needs.

• Huh. You learn something new every day.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This is the first time that I've heard paypal accepts a registered receipt as proof. Can anyone confirm this with certainty?

I can - I just had someone try and put the moves on me and paypal told him to step off. with registed packages, you have to sign for them. the tracking on that can be checked thru the usps.com site and that's apparently all paypal needs.

I'm assuming this was a domestic delivery?

• Nashville, TN to Greece was the package in question (metalstrut off the channing fryes)