Now How Smart Really are all Y'all???

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Test for DementiaBelow are four (4) questions and a bonus question. You have to answer them instantly. You can't take your time, answer all of them immediately. OK?Let's find out just how clever you really are....Ready? GO!!! (scroll down) First Question: You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you areabsolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!Try not to screw up next time.Now answer the second question, but don't take as much time as you took for the first question, OK?Second Question:If you overtake the last person, then you are...?(scroll down) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong again. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST Person?You're not very good at this, are you? Third Question:Very tricky arithmetic! Note: This must be done in your head only.Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000Now add 10. What is the total?Scroll down for answer..... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Did you get 5000?The correct answer is actually 4100.If you don't believe it, check it with a calculator! Today is definitely not your day, is it? Maybe you'll get the last question right.... ...Maybe.Fourth Question: Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini,4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Did you Answer Nunu?NO! Of course it isn't.Her name is Mary. Read the question again!Okay, now the bonus round: A mute person goes into a shop and wants to buy a toothbrush. Byimitating the action of brushing his teeth he successfullyexpresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase isdone. Next, a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair ofsunglasses; how does HE indicate what he wants? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ He just has to open his mouth and ask... It's really very simple.... Like you!

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    nerermind

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    that was fun but easy... the bonus question got me though... that was irritating that i missed that.

give us more!!!

• Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you are
    absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!

Funny, but seriously, "overtake" doesn't mean to "take the place of". It means even with or pass. So you are either tied for first or first on your own, never second.

Is this still part of the test???

um, no, if you are third and you pass the guy in second, then you are second. You would have to pass the guy in first place to be first.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    oops, otis got to it b4 me

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I really hate these things. I'll go put the dunce cap back on.

• I really hate these things. I'll go put the dunce cap back on.

Chance for redemption:

A father and his son are driving in a car together and get into a terrible accident. The father is killed immediately, and the son is injured and rushed to the ER. Once he arrives, the ER doctor says, "I can't operate on this boy, he is my son!"

Who is the doctor?

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    mom

• mom

ding ding ding!

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    mom

ding ding ding!

what's seriously sad is that it took me more than a minute to relaize this. Opps.

• mom

ding ding ding!

what's seriously sad is that it took me more than a minute to relaize this. Opps.

I didn't get it at first either, and it was actually in front of my mom and she got a little pissed off.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    haha, yeah shows you how our society works...I'm all like, hmmm, did the kid have gay parents and shit. Why I didn't think mom is beyond me...I need to enlighten.

Andrew, I'll be right next to you with the dunce cap, I missed all those joint...time for some coffee.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Sorry to ruin the party vibe in here, but I think using "Dementia" in the test title is really offensive. Cognitive function and intelligence are totally different things. Do people realize how serious and debilitating various forms of dementia are, including Alzheimer's Disease? It's very tragic for both the patient and his or her caregiver(s).

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Sorry to ruin the party vibe in here, but I think using "Dementia" in the test title is really offensive. Cognitive function and intelligence are totally different things. Do people realize how serious and debilitating various forms of dementia are, including Alzheimer's Disease? It's very tragic for both the patient and his or her caregiver(s).

The Dementia was the title... And yes Dementia is no fun... Yes I am extemely close to someone who is a caregiver and yes people who do own facilities for people who have dimentia make very good money, so I think it goes with the territory.. Though I couldn't do that job...

And on that note you must of missed all of them questions... Don't take it to serious you are a smart person, just don't be so competative and you won't get so upset, Group Hug???...

• Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you are
    absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!

Funny, but seriously, "overtake" doesn't mean to "take the place of". It means even with or pass. So you are either tied for first or first on your own, never second.

Is this still part of the test???

um, no, if you are third and you pass the guy in second, then you are second. You would have to pass the guy in first place to be first.

Actually, if you are in a race with only ONE other person, and you overtake the "second person", then you are in FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I had the math one. Why would anyone think it's 5000, when you're adding 1000 four different times, and the other numbers being added are two digits? Fools.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

And on that note you must of missed all of them questions... Don't take it to serious you are a smart person, just don't be so competative and you won't get so upset, Group Hug???...

Actually I didn't take the test...I couldn't read past the title!

• And on that note you must of missed all of them questions... Don't take it to serious you are a smart person, just don't be so competative and you won't get so upset, Group Hug???...

Now How Smart Really are all Y'all???

...I am saying co-sign

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts

LOL good one!!!!!!!!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Not to nit pick either but...

Second Question:
    If you overtake the last person, then you are...?
    (scroll down)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong again. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST Person?

Wouldn't you be in first place? Cause you've probably just lapped the last person?

Or really I guess you could be in any position...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    mom

ding ding ding!

I didn't get it at first either, and it was actually in front of my mom and she got a little pissed off.

Don't worry, Cliff Huxtable got it wrong, too!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I soooooo fucked up every question in the most predictable way.

I feel silly now.