feedback on a beyonce remix perhaps?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Nothing silly this time (sorry). I thought I might try and remix Check On It.Let me know what you think. check on it (yousendit) If nobody responds in 5 minutes I will be forced to come back with "THAT BAD?!?" and of course "I THOUGHT THIS WAS A WEBSITE ABOUT MAKING BEATS AND SHIT."Thanks!

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    wow... at first the intro felt forced (the vocals were way to intense for the track) but it really sits well. the chorus harmonies are so

• Like the vast majority of what i've heard of yours dizzy, its straddles the fence between great pop and more serious music. Thats a really good thing, you seem to have the ratio down pat.

• Very nice. It took me a second to settle into to but once that happened it was wonderful. I'm not a producer, so I don't really know shit, but what if you axed the "slim thug" that it starts with and do some chops of the "you" part of the vocal in the measure or two leading up to it. It may help lead into the vocal a little more. Just a suggestion.

• While we're on the subject of Beyonce remixes, I found this one 10 minutes before I saw your thread.

It's a reggae remix of Irreplaceable by Kyaal
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C196BCE04BE90006

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Sounds nice, but I miss a bassline.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Sounds nice, but I miss a bassline.

For a second I thought that said Miss Bassie.... hahaha

Thanks for the feedback folks!

• Diz,

This reminds me a lot of a Tammy Wynette song. I think that classic country remixes of modern R&B could be a good niche for you. I don't know where the hell you'd play them, but I could see you putting out a mix of them. That is definitely some uncharted territory....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Diz,

This reminds me a lot of a Tammy Wynette song. I think that classic country remixes of modern R&B could be a good niche for you. I don't know where the hell you'd play them, but I could see you putting out a mix of them. That is definitely some uncharted territory....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................

Thats not a bad idea!