Best methods for shipping to France?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Subject says it all. What's the best method for shipping a DVD to France? It includes a little booklet so it's heavier than just a DVD.

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'm surprised you actually got to the point of the auction where you actually shipping the item to a French bidder.

• I'm surprised you actually got to the point of the auction where you actually shipping the item to a French bidder.

He's just asking for pricing but I don't want to quote him for something that takes weeks to arrive. He's got 100% and over 300+ on his feedback so he seems legit.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Airmail letter post would be cheapest with some quickness, Global priority variable weight would be quicker and thereby more assured to get there.

• Airmail letter post would be cheapest with some quickness, Global priority variable weight would be quicker and thereby more assured to get there.

I can ship packages using Airmail Letter Post?

• Airmail letter post would be cheapest with some quickness, Global priority variable weight would be quicker and thereby more assured to get there.

I can ship packages using Airmail Letter Post?
    why couldnt you?
    air letter post is air parcel post that is less than 4 pounds, different & less time consuming customs form for air letter post as well.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I'm surprised you actually got to the point of the auction where you actually shipping the item to a French bidder.

Well fuck me. Dude emailed me today saying he hasn't received it yet despite the fact that I shipped it over a month ago.

• I just got a message from a dude I sent a record airmail to that his record finally arrived, I sent it SEVEN WEEKS AGO[/b] glad dude was patient...I was about to send him another copy of the record.

• French cats now all have to pay for registered mail. getting double crossed in the 007 is

• French cats now all have to pay for registered mail. getting double crossed in the 007 is

yes

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Well fuck me. Dude emailed me today saying he hasn't received it yet despite the fact that I shipped it over a month ago.

Electrode!

Arcadian, I'm waiting for some records which have been shipped since (over) a month and a half.
    Well, the sellers told me they sent the items but who knows...

• I'm surprised you actually got to the point of the auction where you actually shipping the item to a French bidder.

Electrode!

Arcadian, I'm waiting for some records which have been shipped since (over) a month and a half.

WTF? seriously dude there are post offices on strike in parts of France, French bidders are NOTORIOUS for running chargeback scams.... you act like this isn't actually happening or it is somehow American sellers' fault.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Electrode!

WTF? seriously dude there are post offices on strike in parts of France, French bidders are NOTORIOUS for running chargeback scams.... you act like this isn't actually happening or it is somehow American sellers' fault.

Aahh!! You're right, it's happening but I'm tired of hearing this.

I personally don't do the chargeback ("it's a new dance, do the chargeback" LOL)

But for real, I paid for records I have never received.

• nah I know. I've never personally had a problem with a French buyer. But I get shook every time I have to mail something out there...

• WTF? seriously dude there are post offices on strike in parts of France, French bidders are NOTORIOUS for running chargeback scams.... you act like this isn't actually happening or it is somehow American sellers' fault.

I send folls the customs declaration number and French cats always act like you're Kevin Laverty

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    French dude just tried to do a chargeback but missed the 45 day cutoff by one day. I lucked out. No negative feedback yet but fuck-it if it happens.