Nas: Can't Forget About You

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rb99urI'm certainly someone's gonna wade in here and slap a big ol "Tepid" on this but whatever: I'm feeling the fuuuuuuuukkkkkk out of this. It should be corny but the whole thing works for me: the "Unforgettable" loop, the chorus, Nas (yet again) on a nostalgia tip.Fuck, I MUST be getting old. (Yet I still don't like Little Brother, go figure).

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Fuck, I MUST be getting old. (Yet I still don't like Little Brother, go figure).

Nostalgia is a lot easier to stomach when it's coming from someone that was actually there. I haven't clicked on the link--is this his tribute to rap also-rans? If so, I like that record too.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Fuck, I MUST be getting old. (Yet I still don't like Little Brother, go figure).

Nostalgia is a lot easier to stomach when it's coming from someone that was actually there. I haven't clicked on the link--is this his tribute to rap also-rans? If so, I like that record too.

It's not quite as roll-call-y as "Where Are They Now." It's more like sitting out on the porch-rap. Not mad at it. Try it, you may like it.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    O-Dub with the daily Nas updates

I think this is pretty cool. Did Noz do a post on this? Noz on Nas

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Saw the final(?) tracklisting for the LP and "The N (Hate Me Now)" isn't listed there.

I heard that was a mixtape cut - but did it ever drop on a white label?

• feelin this shit ! dope. this singer is so on point, im am tired of these polished ass beyonce/ciara types.
    in a time where i feel rap music sounds like 1 big song..this sounds nothing like what is out now...which is what i keep hoping for, risk takers.
    i know you guys like jeezy and alla dat type...i just cant fux wit it.
    good looks odub on the link.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    i heard it on the radio yesterday. i VERY much liked it too.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    (Rap) song of the year.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    feelin this shit ! dope. this singer is so on point, im am tired of these polished ass beyonce/ciara types.
    in a time where i feel rap music sounds like 1 big song..this sounds nothing like what is out now...which is what i keep hoping for, risk takers.
    i know you guys like jeezy and alla dat type...i just cant fux wit it.
    good looks odub on the link.

NOW I MUST LISTEN.

(when I get home)

(if i'm not feeling to lazy)

• i like this a lot, but think it would be better without the female chorus. she sounds good, but it sorta kills the vibe and nas sounds good on his own chorus (nas - the millionaire the mansion...).

people are sleeping on the song "hip hop is dead"..recycled beat or not, i like that one too.