Chinese People Don't Die (NYTimes related)

BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qLcvcGUn-KUdeath, money, rap, and race in Detroit...mostly death.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qLcvcGUn-KU

death, money, rap, and race in Detroit...mostly death.

We don't die, we multiply.

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=qLcvcGUn-KU

death, money, rap, and race in Detroit...mostly death.

We don't die, we multiply.

I think you guys are good at all areas of mathematics and not just multiplication.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    you're cheating my man out of $14

Fuck that, when I leave this earth, it's gonna be like Jesus ascending to heaven. No body bag can contain my essence, folls.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

I just finished watching a movie about Chinese "Corpse Herders", who would go around collecting bodies of dead folks to bring home to their greiving families. Gordon Liu was in it & kicked ass. They had some crazy magic spells to animate the corpses so they could walk them back home. No hearses in China? I guess Chinese people die, but what I wanna know is how they don't get fat from all those starchy carbs.

peace

h

Hi,

I just finished watching a movie about Chinese "Corpse Herders", who would go around collecting bodies of dead folks to bring home to their greiving families. Gordon Liu was in it & kicked ass. They had some crazy magic spells to animate the corpses so they could walk them back home. No hearses in China? I guess Chinese people die, but what I wanna know is how they don't get fat from all those starchy carbs.

peace

h

The Chinese population is starting to get more obese and diet and lifestyles changes are having its effects. But dude, starch alone doesn't make one fat - it's simply one part of the nutritional equation. In any case, historically, most Chinese haven't had rice in such abundance as to gorge on it. They're also more likely to be physically active as a result of work. And they don't eat as much red meat (historically).

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Fuck that, when I leave this earth, it's gonna be like Jesus ascending to heaven. No body bag can contain my essence, folls.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this Oliv*r, but when you die your essence is going to be divided equally amongst your records, and then sold on craigslist. They will be bought by Timmy Diggalot's son, who will register on soulstrut for the sole purpose of displaying his haul. He will be met with disdain and accused of posting fake finds. Then somebody will start a race thread, and all will be forgotten.

This I have seen.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

AND FROM THE SKY CAME FORTH BACK ISSUES OF WAX POETICS AND URB MAGAZINE!!!!

and a few northern soul mp3s

• snosno 332 Posts
    I just finished watching a movie about Chinese "Corpse Herders", who would go around collecting bodies of dead folks to bring home to their greiving families. Gordon Liu was in it & kicked ass. They had some crazy magic spells to animate the corpses so they could walk them back home. No hearses in China?

According to my brother's late grandmother-in-law, there was indeed practice of herding corpses in China because it's important for folks to be buried in their own hometown back in the days. Take it for what it's worth, she said she saw such corpses herded in line and here's best bit: her description of the corpses walked exactly like the living dead in George Romero's zombie movies.

• you're cheating my man out of $14

Will your raers be ascending with you Jeebus???

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I just finished watching a movie about Chinese "Corpse Herders", who would go around collecting bodies of dead folks to bring home to their greiving families. Gordon Liu was in it & kicked ass. They had some crazy magic spells to animate the corpses so they could walk them back home. No hearses in China?

According to my brother's late grandmother-in-law, there was indeed practice of herding corpses in China because it's important for folks to be buried in their own hometown back in the days. Take it for what it's worth, she said she saw such corpses herded in line and here's best bit: her description of the corpses walked exactly like the living dead in George Romero's zombie movies.

Sounds cool. Gwailo funerals need more flavor. In the movie I was watching, the corpses hopped around like they were on pogo sticks. The movie was called "Shadow Boxing". Gordon Liu playes a dude impersonating a corpse cause he's trying to escape corrput police.

On the subject of carbs; I go for dim sum & I put on 10 pounds just from looking at some of this food. There's more than starch going on - schitt is fried, and probably not indicative of what chinese people eat every day. Also, lifestyle & physical activity have something to do with this too, I figure. I worked with a Chinese film crew a while back & I was amazed at how everyone in the crew chian smoked. Is there a health crisis there because of smoking/lung cancer?

peace

h