X-MAS/HAN/KWANZ vs. NEW YEAR's EVE

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
what the fuck you doing for the holidays, ho ho ho?i need to find some gifts, but i'd rather be looking at gifs (yes j.alba).for NYE, maybe DJ some expensive japanese restaurant party shit in midtown konnichiwa bitches. be.

Comments

• to wtf peoples?

where's your holiday spirit? on ebay?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    well, that kinda sucks that nobody has responded to your thread, sir/ma'am.

I let my wife take care of all the gifts for our families. I'm horrible at buying gifts. She show me some necklaces or something for my mom and ask me which one I think my mom would like. Like I'm in tune with the fashion sense of 50 year old white ladies. Buying for guys is easy, because we consider gift cards to home depot to actually be "thoughtful".

Also, a few years back I started noticing people putting up blue lights. One day I mentioned to HJ how cool I thought the "blue" look was. She was shocked that I didn't know that blue lights are for Jews and Hannakuh. But now I'm kind of jealous and I want to put up blue lights too. The jewish lesbian with the half black daughter across the street has blue lights up. So I feel like if I put up blue lights too then she might get offended, because I'm faking the funk. All red looks satanic. All white is kinda played out. I guess I like the old school lights with those fat ass bulbs. I mean, if I can't have blue ones. maybe I should pull the "But I have jewish friends!" shit. haha.

So Kwanzaa is kind of a joke, and even though I know x-mas is really just a christianized version of pagan winter solstice practices, I would feel way to hippy if I celebrated the 'solstice'. "Happy soulstice, brother, and a peaceful new year".

Speaking of new years, I like how the chinese one is a few months later. I told somebody a few days ago that Chinese x-mas falls in the middle of July. Its the year of the Reindeer.

I have to return some movies tonight, so it will be a good time to rent "Santa's Slay". If you haven't heard of this movie its about how Santa was actually the spawn of Satan, and a 1000 years ago he lost a bet and his punishment was that he had to be nice for 1000 years. Well, his 1000 years is up and now Evil Santa wants his fucking revenge. I'll let you know how awesome it is after I watch it.

For new years, I want to do the same thing I did last year.