Triumph of the Underbruin

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Holy shit...UCLA WINS. My part of L.A. is gonna be nuts. And hey - roll on you Bears! (Even if the Big Game shouldn't have been that close).

Comments

• yeah there was some small comfort in today's Pac 10 games.

VERY small comfort, but comfort nonetheless.

• How can U Mich not be in again?

• my fav eam is whoever is playin SC...

word.

biggest bunch of pussies ever assembled on one campus.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    How can U Mich not be in again?

Because less viewers would want to watch the same game again, vs seeing Ohio St play Florida would be "fresh."

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

ROAR.

sup O!
    Do you live in Westwood?
    How's LA treating ya?

Because less viewers would want to watch the same game again, vs seeing Ohio St play Florida would be "fresh."

That's not the question.

I agree with you on viewership, but UMich belongs in that game.

That's not the question.

I agree with you on viewership, but UMich belongs in that game.

dude. yawn. if they wanted in that game, they should have won the first time.

• DUDE. Their only loss came to the best team in the country.

Sit down.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I live a few miles south of Westwood. Quite close to Strut's very own picoandsepulveda in fact.

LA is good. It was in the high '70s today, clear blue skies. It's Dec. That's

Sit down.

no.

there one loss came when they got to control their own destiny...and they couldn't.

the game wasn't as close as the final score indicated, so i'm not buying the 'it was sooooo close' arguments.

and finally...

it is STUPID to reward a team who loses by giving them what amounts to a DOUBLE elimination tournament; "Its ok, Michigan; we'll give you another chance if you lose. Sorry, OSU. If you lose the SECOND game, your out. But, Michigan gets a mulligan."

logic frontward and backward.

Yeah but BCS is NOT a tournament-style system despite whatever aspirations it thinks it has.

I'm pretty sure most people find the terms "BCS" and "logical" incompatible.

They got the 'puters 'putin!

DUDE. Their only loss came to the best team in the country.

Sit down.

no.

there one loss came when they got to control their own destiny...and they couldn't.

the game wasn't as close as the final score indicated, so i'm not buying the 'it was sooooo close' arguments.

and finally...

it is STUPID to reward a team who loses by giving them what amounts to a DOUBLE elimination tournament; "Its ok, Michigan; we'll give you another chance if you lose. Sorry, OSU. If you lose the SECOND game, your out. But, Michigan gets a mulligan."

Sit down.

no.

and finally...

Who's saying it was sooooo close?

The last thing you should be doing is invoking an argument based on logic, considering the BCS weighs losses on the quality of the teams. It makes even less sense to reward a team who has lost to an inferior team.

Sit down.

no.

and finally...

Who's saying it was sooooo close?

The last thing you should be doing is invoking an argument based on logic, considering the BCS weighs losses on the quality of the teams. It makes even less sense to reward a team who has lost to an inferior team.

ok. whatever. its not going to be any fun arguing if the response is, "Sorry. no logic need apply here."

• You must be joking...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I live a few miles south of Westwood. Quite close to Strut's very own picoandsepulveda in fact.

LA is good. It was in the high '70s today, clear blue skies. It's Dec. That's

Aren't you teaching at Long Beach? That's quite a commute.

Go Bruins. Now they've just got to dominate again in b-ball and it'll be all good.

• You must be joking...

weren't you the one who said, 'the last thing you should be doing is invoking an argument based on logic'?

• Now they've just got to dominate again in b-ball

not gonna happen.

You must be joking...

weren't you the one who said, 'the last thing you should be doing is invoking an argument based on logic'?

BCS = mathematical but not logical. You disagree?

Aren't you teaching at Long Beach? That's quite a commute.

Not really. 35-40 minutes in the morning, 40-50 minutes in the afternoon. My wife was going from SF to Cupertino everyday. That was an hour, EASY, each way.

Plus, when you got KDAY, KPCC and podcasts galore, the time passes quickly.

• two of Florida's Ws were by ONE point...one of those one point victories was over SOUTH CAROLINA.

you don't have to like it, but the fact is these dudes deserve it:

WVU/Rutgers

Triple OT

New Jersey weeps.

• You must be joking...

BCS = mathematical but not logical. You disagree?

It is logical, though.

UM lost to the #1.

Who did Florida lose to? Not #1--that's for sure.

The end result might not be logical, but at least getting the deserving teams there is.

• Holy shit...UCLA WINS.

My part of L.A. is gonna be nuts.

And hey - roll on you Bears! (Even if the Big Game shouldn't have been that close).

can I get an 8 clap?!?!?