eBay WTF RELATED

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Just got this message:
Item: VILLAGE CHOIR - GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT 12" ON SCM SOUL (300055419351)This message was sent while the listing was active.-------------------------------------------------------do you know you are selling a stolen piece of my never released music. do you know that is a crime and that your copy is a counterfeit.stolen,counter,never released.

Comments

• Hmmm. I was under the impression that the record was released.

I have had (and sold) the album on the same label. Bizarre.

• I've often wondered about selling used music on eBay, especially promos stamped with "Not to be sold" on them. I guess they can't stop it now, though, can they?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    for a record that was 'never released' it sure turns up often enough in 12inch collections from the 70s/80s...

good tune!

• I've often wondered about selling used music on eBay, especially promos stamped with "Not to be sold" on them. I guess they can't stop it now, though, can they?

some artists have notified ebay about not allowing the selling their promos. I once had a few Suicidal Tendencies Epic promos knocked off cuz the band doesn't want them sold.

• Did you offer them a Pepsi to compensate?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Ghey... fuckers cancelled my auction.

What's the going rate for this 12" any way? Worth sweating?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I've put it up a couple times & I think one sold for 10 bucks & another ended with no bids.

that was with soundclips even.

I would think it's safe to say that no one is really checking for this record( until now that is...)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Did they just cancel two more of your auctions? Cause I had a bid on that Disco Fox record and I got a message from eBay saying the listing had been removed.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    I never liked that track anyways.

Now Sweet Hot Lips on the other hand...

That record goes for some cash no? I know I sold mine for some good funds.

Did they just cancel two more of your auctions? Cause I had a bid on that Disco Fox record and I got a message from eBay saying the listing had been removed.

Fuckin' Fuck eBay right now. They are cancelling my auctions because I have "cash (at your own risk)" as a form of payment. I must have not gotten the memo. I relisted the Disco Fox 12 Buy It Now and it is gone (hopefully that is you).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    How does that work exactly? Is "cash" no longer an accepted form of payment?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I have several crates of promo/whitelabel/audition copy//DJ use that I'm about to put on ebay. tested the waters with a few last week to see if they'd get pulled. none of it is super rare. just good solid staples. e.g. we'll see.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Cash with any breath or essence of someone sending cash someplace is no good.
    Just say cash. They dunno if that's person to person or not. Change em quick RAJito.

Fuckin' Fuck eBay right now. They are cancelling my auctions because I have "cash (at your own risk)" as a form of payment. I must have not gotten the memo. I relisted the Disco Fox 12 Buy It Now and it is gone (hopefully that is you).

I had that problem too. Just list it as accepting paypal and then say "email for additional payment options".

Cash with any breath or essence of someone sending cash someplace is no good.
    Just say cash. They dunno if that's person to person or not. Change em quick RAJito.

Kind of hard at this point seeing that I can't edit my descriptions after bids have been placed. They singled out just 3 of the auctions and left the rest up. Otherwise I would be an editing description fool.

If something doesn't have bids, edit. I had them delete BIG selling $100 auctions as they closed 'cuz of "cash" in the description. They suck and will pinch you. Paypal oppressors.

• Is "cash" no longer an accepted form of payment?

correct. in their new policy cash is not an acceptable method of payment unless pipcked up in person. I posted ish about my auctions being pulled cuz I wrote dead presidents (at your own risk) a month ago. Raj - don't you read every thread??? jk

dead presidents (at your own risk)

That's the key.

• dead presidents (at your own risk)

That's the key.

so you think one can leave dead presidents without them fucking wit cha once they've already singled you out a few times???

That's the key.

I had some dude send 15 $100 bills from Japan once.

But it's funny how sellers even feel obliged to say "at your own risk". DUH! Like people don't fucking know sending cash through the mail is risky?

That's the key.

so you think one can leave dead presidents without them fucking wit cha once they've already singled you out a few times???

no.

and Franklin was not a president and that's all you should accept.

When they yanked my auction, they listed the acceptable forms of payment. One of them was cash. There were no ifs, thens, buts, etc. They just don't want to be even remotely liable for someone sending $ in the mail, so at your own risk, mentioning "concealed", in a letter, etc are OUT. Person to person transactions are fine. What they don't know won't hurt em. Just say cash. Or Dead Presidents. Or Snaps or Flow, maybe they won't know the outdated terms.

Careful with the colloquial terms in business.

Someone could send you 50 copies of this for payment:

Raj, that wasn't me who scooped up the Disco Fox record, but oh well, I'm not sure how much I'd have paid. How much did you sell it for?

Raj, that wasn't me who scooped up the Disco Fox record, but oh well, I'm not sure how much I'd have paid. How much did you sell it for?

$150

Nice copy on Poopsike listed at $180+

$150

Yeah, def wouldn't have gone that high, glad you sold it.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

$150

Yeah, def wouldn't have gone that high, glad you sold it.

Grrr... I was going to go that high... Santa please?