New kind of 45 adaptors (Labcabin related)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Turntable Lab These look pretty slick, anyone else thinking of getting a pair or had a chance to try them out?

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    dead link son

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    http://www.Labcabin.com/dj_equipment/0/0/16524.html?view=closeup

Damn, these look pretty slick. Anyone else thinking of getting a pair?

You got me all interested, only to post a dead link.
    Jesus.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The forum keeps changing the word Labcabin into "labcabin" even in the link.

Anyways you can find them, they're on Labcabin.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Oh snap - someone finally went out and had these remade. Bout time!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    The ones on Turntable Lab look sweet, but $45.00 seems kinda pricey.
    Maybe I'm just being cheap.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I mean, it's no bargain, that's for sure. I think, over time, if these prove popular, the price may come down. If I recall, the main reason why they're so expensive right now is b/c the start-up production costs are $$$.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

That's for a pair I believe and that's a pretty good price. I check them out in person today too and they seem pretty sturdy, much more than the OG SX2 jawns.

• You talkin' about these?

If so, they look like they'd work well.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    They look the same but the Lab ones don't have the Ghey ass name...

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    I almost ordered a pair of these from a record store in japan about two years ago and the price was about ten bucks higher at the time. seems like 45 is around going rate.

on a side note this same product was going to be my senior year thesis project in my industrial design program 4 years ago. I shoulda ran with that!

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    on a side note this same product was going to be my senior year thesis project in my industrial design program 4 years ago. I shoulda ran with that!

Twisted Nerve released their dinked 45 slipmats in 2001, I think.

• i prefer the cones (both red plastic and steel). toss a disc in the vicinity of the spindle and the cone catches it. it doesn't have to be fitted like the metal ones that come with Technics 1200's.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i prefer the cones (both red plastic and steel). toss a disc in the vicinity of the spindle and the cone catches it. it doesn't have to be fitted like the metal ones that come with Technics 1200's.

The metal half balls do the same, but they're SUPER HEAVY so there's no way that the 45 will slip UNDER teh adaptor... this has happened to me a few times and it's UGLY.

• "The metal half balls do the same, but they're SUPER HEAVY so there's no way that the 45 will slip UNDER teh adaptor... this has happened to me a few times and it's UGLY. "

i'm with you on that. Dub Vendor in London sells some heavy, heavy ones with rasta colors. those are the most deluxe centers i've seen, highly functional and they look fresh.