kelly osborne song "one word"

KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
People over on the hollerboard seem to be hating on this. I kinda like it in a pop dance kinda way. I've got the 12" too and would play it out for hipsters and girls to dance to. Also there is a "favela funk" remix on there which people on holler are also baggin on. It's pretty soft compared to "real" favela shit but it's still a good remix. The one funny thing people were complaining about is some french vocals in there and people are like "what idiots" it should be in Portuguese when in reality those french vocals are in the OG too and were not even meant to help the "favelaizing" of the remix. So what is the verdict, anyone like this song? Any other pop/art/dance/disposable bull shit people are feelin' now?

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I dig that track - I'd love to have a 12" of it.

Other hipster dance junk I'm liking are

Miss Kittin: I Com 2LP
    Mu: Paris Hilton 12"
    Out Hud: Never Let Us Speak of It Again
    LCD Soundsystem LP

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    I dig that track - I'd love to have a 12" of it.
    Check your usual promo bin suspects then it might be in there, I just picked mine up this weekend I think it just got sent out to the record pools and shit in the last week or 2. If I see another one I'll snag it for ya.

• is this the song she has a video for..all sad/gothic/dark looking? I caught the end of it the other day. that shit was kinda funny

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    yes

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    all sad/gothic/dark looking

I think she was going for "film noir."

I like the song, too.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I think she was going for "future noir."

ALL THE REPLICANTS IN THE HOUSE MAKE SOME NOISE

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    blade runner is in full effect.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Kinda off topic...

Has anyone heard about Kelly Osborne starring in Oliver Stones new movie Big Time Sensuality.....she'll be playing Bjork!?!?

Bjorks website is the only place ive heard this.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Kinda off topic...

Has anyone heard about Kelly Osborne starring in Oliver Stones new movie Big Time Sensuality.....she'll be playing Bjork!?!?

That sounds like the worst idea ever.

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    From what I read the Bjork/Kelly Osbourne movie thing was a April Fools hoax on her site. THANK GOD.