Forget Clipse. Let's talk about Jeezy.

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Is there a chorus of "mysterious" voices on track 1 intro?

My cousin says he's one of them. Plaese to post.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    no way! that shit already leaked. Damn you just made my day.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i luv it

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Amazing.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i really need to hear that kells song on a proper soundsystem. listened to this shit at the gym today and it was nice. the timbo track is perfect for jeezy. i dont think he would really shine on a crazy timbo track so this shit was good. the runners really switched shit up on here so that was dope also. btw why is kanye rapping on a track here and he aint even produce it? shit is arghhhh

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    "It's young Jizzle and I'm back with Timbo
    with another hit your still stuck in a limbo
    an adlib here and an adlib there, fuck it/ adlibs everywhere"

is this the "I'm back" type of heat we should expect?

oh well he's another stereotype talking about selling crack on his records so I'm sure the usual suspects on soulstrut will go ga-ga for this

on a postiive note Timbaland did a great job on the beat

• oh well he's another stereotype

BAN.

lol Just kidding. I have no opinion on Jeezy's new tape. But I'll love to see where this thread goes.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The production list is what makes this album promising.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    The production list is what makes this album promising.
    theres like two or three lackluster beats but everything else is proper. im really liking the runners beats and i kinda wrote them off after the third or fourth time hearing hustlin regurgitated

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

oh well he's another stereotype

BAN.

lol Just kidding. I have no opinion on Jeezy's new tape. But I'll love to see where this thread goes.

Are you pretending like you don't know exactly where it will go?

Guzzo already started,

You've chimed in....

I'm already posting about nothing,

Now Faux will need to drop a snide comment,

Paychex will bitch about guzzo bitching, guzzo will bitch back,

Faux will call somebody ass hurt,

Young Phonics will take a middle road, but still admit he doesn't really like it

somebody else will still think the 'you mad doggie' gremlin is funny and post that

somebody will say 'you obviously don't like rap music'

guzzo will post the same thing that he just posted, except it will be about 8 pages from now....

O-dub will say something philosofical (sp????)

somebody will call him disconnected as a joke

I'll talk about my hair

people will start calling each other racists,

wash, rinse, repeat....

30 pager.

• oh well he's another stereotype talking about selling crack on his records so I'm sure the usual suspects on soulstrut will go ga-ga for this

a stereotype for one may be reality for another, or a fictional representation of reality

can seeing one as a stereotype show personal prejudice?

• oh well he's another stereotype

BAN.

Guzzo already started,

You've chimed in....

Young Phonics will take a middle road, but still admit he doesn't really like it

somebody else will still think the 'you mad doggie' gremlin is funny and post that

guzzo will post the same thing that he just posted, except it will be about 8 pages from now....

I'll talk about my hair

wash, rinse, repeat....

30 pager.

no doubt! I got the microwave popcorn going already. bout to kick my shoes off.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    oh well he's another stereotype talking about selling crack on his records so I'm sure the usual suspects on soulstrut will go ga-ga for this

a stereotype for one may be reality for another, or a fictional representation of reality

can seeing one as a stereotype show one's personal prejudice?

personally I am prejudiced against the praising of lackluster rappers for their recycled crack commentary.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

oh well he's another stereotype

BAN.

Guzzo already started,

You've chimed in....

I'll talk about my hair

wash, rinse, repeat....

30 pager.

how dare you leave out Deej, Archaic, and Bsides

please revise

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    speaking of 'recycled commentary' i hope we can take some steps beyond the great crack debates of '05. Not that I was here then but i can picture how they went down w/ what is i'm certain a reasonable degree of accuracy.

Did the debate leave off w/ this Jeff Chang quote from back back then then:

i don't object to the fact that crack rap exists, nor that some of it is aesthetically, uh, dope, i object to critics or progressives praising or denouncing it like it doesn't intersect with reality.

• i haven't listened to this record yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I like drugs and money.

Deal.

• oh well he's another stereotype talking about selling crack on his records so I'm sure the usual suspects on soulstrut will go ga-ga for this

personally I am prejudiced against the praising of lackluster rappers for their recycled crack commentary.

So are you admitting that your prejudice leads to stereotyping? If stereotype is defined as a widley held but fixed and oversimlified image or idea of a particular person or thing, isn't stereotyping something one would want to stear clear of?

I listened to the Jeezy song posted and the production sounds too melodramatic. I'm not feeling the flow. Something about his sound I can't get with. I'll listen to the record with as open a mind I can.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

So are you admitting that your prejudice leads to stereotyping? If stereotype is defined as a widley held but fixed and oversimlified image or idea of a particular person or thing, isn't stereotyping something one would want to stear clear of?

if it would please the court I'd like to make a statement:

Soulstrutters, hip-hop fans, and hatters alike,

I am openly admitting to being turned off to Young Jeezy by his last album. Ater seeing him get praised like the second coming on this site I gave his CD a listen and found it to be entirely underwhelming.

When this thread appeared I was ready to write the music off even before listening to it, but decided to give it as fair a shot as I feel I could. after listening to 2 bars of lyrical sadness comparable to something you may hear coming from a drunken fratboy I bit my lip and forced myself to hear the rest of it, sure enough after his genius rhyming about adlibs here, there and everywhere he let loose with his first coke reference. It was at this point that I thought this song would fit great in an Dave Chappelle sketch had the show still been on the air.

so in summation, yes I have heard the track and found the lyrics of Jeezy (both past and present) to be stereotypical, and while some may find that to be me making an oversimplification of Jeezy I find his whole rap career to be an oversimplification of how to get rich and sell crack to your community. I am not to blame in this, I am just another part of the vicious cycle of crack rap love and hate that Jeezy too is a part of.

I throw myself onto the mercy of the posters here and graciously bow out of this thread

• [fanboys]i've barely heard it, if at all, but it's the best album of year![/fanboys]

Honestly, "Go Crazy" and "Trapstar" get me H-Y-P-E-D but I really don't want to hear an album full of it, yaddaschmears me?

littleMIDDLE DUDE ALERT!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the best rap album of the year cannot be crowned until the project pat album drops

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    fuck yeah can't wait to check this out. thanks O-dulu.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm not the biggest Jeezy fan but this LOOKS pretty good.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    chyeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    thaaassss riiiiiiiiiiigghht

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

how dare you leave out Deej, Archaic, and Bsides

please revise

Your right.

Archaic probably won't show up because this isn't a southern rapper (I think). If he does show up, he'll post a picture of some texas rap cd that nobody has ever heard of, nobody will respond, because it didn't make sense anyways, and he'll be out.

Bsides will say something about it being ok, but not his greatest, and nobody will get mad.

Deej will be hard to figure out, because if he likes it, he will get clowned for liking everything. If he doesn't, faux will ask him if shawna was better and then start clowing him. Either way he will get clowned, but will continue the conversation until page 20 and beyond.

TerryClubbup will write something bizarre but entertaining.

I'll talk about how cool my new cat is.

Cas won't say shit, but inside he'll be hating it, especially because Anna will keep playing it in the car.

Dolo will be quietly waiting for anybody to say anything remotely political. He reads every thread, just in case.

Somebody will call somebody else a faggot, Guzzo will ask why its ok to call people fags, and boom- we're in 30 page territory.

How am I doing?

p.s. My new cat is the coolest!!!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The following site contains links to:

- More Fish

- The new Project Pat

- Jeezy's new album

- and Brian Mc...ah, nevermind.

http://www.e-junkie.blogspot.com/

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    better drink a red bull, you can't sleep on life.