edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Thoughts? I dig it.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    no

• no
    Care to elaborate?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    It must be cool if you're a 16yo boy. It's big with the kids I teach at the moment.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    no

Co-mutha-mutha-sign

I'm mean, come'on...we can talk about shoes and food and all that other shit but this is taking it too far. Isn't there a more fitting message board for this topic?

• corny like the cob

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Isn't there a more fitting message board for this topic?

I think there are probably a few!

Everyone I know always wonders how/why these guys continue to be so popular...

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

• Isn't there a more fitting message board for this topic?

I think there are probably a few!

I really hate how stupid that guitar player looks..the one that had those fake looking tattoos or whatever on his body on that one popular song they had. but yeah..that shit is weak.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    back in the day, like 97 or so i used to date this stripper bitch, one night her room mate calls me sayin shes fuckin around on me, which was some shit i knew about, & hell so was i, so i rolled over to catch her & it was this clown

& some other fool from the band, me & a few of the homies, butsed foots up they asses, was kinna fun, even better was when we found out who we just served up... those guys suck, teeny pop bs...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    absolute shit

good call on the ass kicking.

maybe some cat's can get on here and tell us why they're the next best thing since Soundgarden.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    System of A Down songs? Unlistenable.
    System of A Down videos? Unwatchable.
    Soulstrutter kicking System of A Down's asses? Unfuckwithable.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Hahaha...

Great story.

was cool not knowing who they were till after, we thought we just beat up a fool w/ a stupid goat tail hanging off his chin,,, but we wondered why they kept yellin for pdiddy...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    we thought we just beat up a fool w/ a stupid goat tail hanging off his chin

quote of the day

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    haha I think this tops the doo-rag beatdown story

System comes off as loud and off the wall just for the sake of being loud and off the wall, especially with the lead singer. Don't they have one song that is actually about huffing? Or that one where he says "no lies, no music...JUST TAKE IT!!!!". That one is hillarious (most likely not on purpose).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Isn't there a more fitting message board for this topic?

But on only one message board can one find out what true headz think of System of a Down!

One time I tried to talk some trash about them--without ever having heard their music, of course--and Noz told me that I was "out of your [my] depth".

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    They're new album has been on sale for two weeks and has already sold over 620,000 copies.

haha, i swear im still waiting for tht to show up on some tv show, that had to be staged!!! if it wasnt all i can say is damn!!!!!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'll never know why people like such garbage music, shit is corny.

I'll never know why people like such garbage music, shit is corny.

yeam man gotta wonder, im still convinced w/ enuff marketing you can sell a pile a shit...

haha, i swear im still waiting for tht to show up on some tv show, that had to be staged!!! if it wasnt all i can say is damn!!!!!

Coming soon: Top Five SoulRez Beatdowns post

Are there any more beatdowns you've delivered that we should know about?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Everyone knows the best metal is Armenian Metal!!!!!!

Coming soon: Top Five SoulRez Beatdowns post

Are there any more beatdowns you've delivered that we should know about?

i beat myself up daily... nah man those are my top 2 for sure, only reason this one is in my top 2 is cuz they turned out to be rock stars, which is quite funny to me...
    i dont fuck around much anymore g' too much trouble too much time, takes a lot to make me "go there", but 88-97, thats a whole nother chapter...
    peace out faux

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i havent heard alot of their stuff. But at least they have an original sound right? Does everyone in here hate them?

• I have rocked out to Mezmerize 2 times so far.

I have no idea what kind of schitt that singer is on, because after awhile
    it really starts to border on some Weird Al Yankovic sarcastic manifesto metal.

But I am here to tell you, at least from my musician's standpoint, and
    from the viewpoint of having been an 80s teenage metal fan, that these guys have some serious fuckin chops and put in good work, and that this
    Mezmerize album has made me:

1. Bang my head

2. Start listening to more metal again

3. Practice guitar a lot more

4. Check the credits to see who produced it : "Rick Rubin"

5. Log on to Soulstrut to see if anybody's talking about it.

thanks, assholes.

• I dont even think its just good for 16 year olds. Its only good for 16 year old gas huffers, who like I.C.P, or something. Their parents have a meth lab, and are breeding Pits. They blow all of there paychecks on Video Poker / Scratch Offs / Yellow Jackets / and .89 cent Cigerettes, so the teens (having only the MTV as a means of discovery) latch on to System Of A Down or whatever BULLSHIT "intelligent aggression" rock, as an outlet for their distancing themselves from their garbage surroundings.

Or its just morons who listen to whatever is on the T.V set.

Who knows, either way, their music is about as tollerable as a case of the Clap.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    c'mon, like People under the stairs is alot better! Whats with calling everyone who likes this idiots?

• c'mon, like People under the stairs is alot better! Whats with calling everyone who likes this idiots?

I think the ability to take a band like thats lyrics, music, and image seriously speaks for itself. I mean, really.

c'mon, like People under the stairs is alot better! Whats with calling everyone who likes this idiots?

C'mon, B, your position is untenable...

• saulgravysaulgravy 112 Posts

these guys have some serious fuckin chops and put in good work

you need to check for these dudes:

dillinger escape plan. chops fo days. no funny beards.