Snow Day!!!!!!!

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
The Seattle area is comedy when it comes to the weather. I took the bus to work this morning and got there on time with no problems. My hommie Greg from my department and I are the only two people there. I walk in and the place is empty. One of the execs is there and says "Office is closed, you can go home." Paid day off!!!!!!!! I might go back to sleep now. We got a few inches of snow last night and there is some ice this morning. The whole damn state is going crazy! LOL. People here REALLY get shook if there are even trace amounts of snow and ice. Cool with me though, maybe I can get the day off tomorrow as well

Comments

• In VA almost everything shuts down even if we get a dusting of snow. Know one knows how to drive in that shit here. That said, my work will never close for weather. They will come to your house and pick you up if you can't drive. Having clients in 7 states sucks.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    That said, my work will never close for weather. They will come to your house and pick you up if you can't drive. Having clients in 7 states sucks.

DAMN!!!!! Your company is SERIOUS! LOL. I handle accounts all over the country and they just straight shut our office down for the day. All good with me.

• That said, my work will never close for weather. They will come to your house and pick you up if you can't drive. Having clients in 7 states sucks.

DAMN!!!!! Your company is SERIOUS! LOL. I handle accounts all over the country and they just straight shut our office down for the day. All good with me.

Dude go get into a snow ball fight and drink a good bottle of wine.

• You guys are joking right? This is kinda what i had to drive and take the train through this morning:

AND, everyone's at work.

Just like i said in the colder here or there fight! thread. of negative degrees temperature.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    You guys are joking right? This is kinda what i had to drive and take the train through this morning:

AND, everyone's at work.

Just like i said in the colder here or there fight! thread. of negative degrees temperature.

No jokes it never happens. People don't know how to drive in it, the roads are not plowed or
    salted, no chains/snow tires=BAD NEWS=DAY OFF!!!!!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    No joke. I'm looking out my window right now and there is NO snow on the ground. It must be worse outside of the city. The news said that there is ice all over the roads. This kind of weather is very rare here so people just freak out. Some people left work last night in their cars and were stuck on the highway all night! People just pulled their cars over and spent the night drinking coffee at convenience stores. This is why I live right downtown in the city. I can't deal with all that crazy snow ice weather.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I'm Stringer Bell.

No more snow days for Stringer Bell.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Yeah just drove wifey to work downtown with no problems.
    I think in the higher spots and outlying areas it's much worse.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Yea, Seattle is pathetic like that. No problem getting the SUV's up the mountains to ski!!!!!! But go forbid they have to go to work in 1 inch of snow. Anyhow the free snow days are actually nice. Blinding rain is way worse that a little slippery snow anyhow!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    what a bunch of pansies up over there. come to new england for the winter. its a living hell, and NOTHING gets canceled! it snows every year yet people here still dont know how to drive in it. "you dont have to do 15mph on the highway ya dumb bitch! take the fuckin train."

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    haha, so true. seattle freaks out if theres one inch of snow.

meanwhile magic jackson is making yellow snow angels in Delridge

• yessur, seattle trips out when it snows a little! since i moved to minneapolis though, its a whole other scene. snow tires? whats a snow tires? people don't even think about it out here. hop in the car and go....

• yessur, seattle trips out when it snows a little! since i moved to minneapolis though, its a whole other scene. snow tires? whats a snow tires? people don't even think about it out here. hop in the car and go....

Haha, yes so true! I'm from MN and when my brother lived in VA he said people flipped at the prospect of a light dusting. People leaving work early and getting all nervous.
    Since I've moved to Tokyo I've noticed something strange though... when it snows (maybe 5 times a winter, with rare accumulation) people bust out their umbrellas. Maybe it's the ocean-proximity that makes the snow wetter or something, but the idea of using an umbrella in the snow had never once occurred to me.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Is it a thing in the State of Washington to call it "Snow Day!"? Cause I've heard that from a few Seattle-area folks now.

It almost snowed up in the Santa Cruz mountains yesterday (meaning if there was any precipitation it was cold enough to that it would have snowed). Last year it snowed and everyone went bonkers.

• Down talk Seattle/NorthWest all you want...

While you fools are @ the office tommorow, I'm going to be sipping hot cocoa enjoying my day off from school/work.

Peace suckas!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Down talk Seattle/NorthWest all you want...

While you fools are @ the office tommorow, I'm going to be sipping hot cocoa enjoying my day off from school/work.

Peace suckas!