possible RR score for NYC folks..

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
i just got the email below, but ill be far from NYC on the days in question. Maybe some of you NYC folks can take advantage of this. I dont know how this works, but it looks like LPs for cheap. could be crap? or????
EveryoneHope you can join your pals at the ARChive for ourHOLIDAY 'Outa Space' RECORD + CD SALESat, Dec 9 - Sun, Dec 17everyday 11 - 6 Thousands of LPs, CD, cassettes, books, videos, DVDsBOXES of 125 LPs for $5+ the 'Astro Turf Yard Sale of vintage kitchenware and clothesJoin the ARC for as little as $45 annually- this entitles you to a discount on research and pre-sale/party attendance at two sales!THIS YEAR the Party for ARC members is on Thursday eve, Dec 7, 6 - 9pmYou can also send a friend a GIFT CERTIFICATE for shopping at the saletell your friends and pass along this info if you can!The ARChive of Contemporary Music is a not-for-profit archive, musiclibrary and research center located in New York City. The ARChivecollects preserves and provides information on the popular music ofall cultures throughout the world. Since 1986 our holdings have grownto 2 million sound recordings, making the ARChive the largest popularmusic collection in the World.Members of the Board of Advisors are: David Bowie, Jellybean Benitez,Jonathan Demme, Ellie Greenwich, Jerry Leiber, Youssou N'Dour,Lou Reed, Keith Richards, Nile Rodgers, Todd Rundgren,Fred Schneider, Martin Scorsese, Paul Simon,Mike Stoller and Jerry Wexler.ARChive of Contemporary Music54 White StreetNew York City, 10013tel : 212-226-6967e : [email]arcmusic@inch.com[/email]www.arcmusic.org

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    my boy Phast Phreddie organizes this... (in case you don't know, dude is on that other level, where he is the don for 50/60's r&b and soul and back in the day, the first Runaways gig was in his parent's living room) anyways, these sales are a good place to pick up some decent stuff for cheap, fill some gaps in the collection for a good cause, but nothing amazing... at least not for cheap... like, tbey had the MC5 7" of "looking at you" from 66, inna picture sleeve, but shit was like 50 bucks....

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    the first Runaways gig was in his parent's living room

i'm gonna ask him about this next time i see him

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    + the 'Astro Turf Yard Sale of vintage kitchenware

That sounds great! I would really like to participate.