Best deals for pressing wax in the LA area?

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Looking to press 500 12"'s, preferrable somewhere locally in los angeles. The only spot/person i've so far been recommended is richard simpson, and i'm just looking for some more options/opinions. Thanks in advance for the help (sorry if this has been brought up before as i'm sure it has, but I tried the search function many time to no avail).

Comments

• Richard Simpson doesn't technically press wax, he used to cut laquers and dubplates but i hear he is in-house for someone else now. Your best bet for that small quantity is Bill Smith pressing over by the airport, but because of big shutdowns in the industry i would think long and hard about venturing into vinyl pressing. Rain-Bo is another option if you can fade the turnaround. good luck with it...

• subsub 311 Posts
    damm, pressing is cheap in the states. we pay a lot more for limited vinyl pressings in europe....

• the richard simpson/bill smith combo hooked me up strong in '04, but richard simpson is, as written above, no longer doing biz as his own thang. dont know where hes at now. as for the industry crapping out on vinyl, id agree, i am sitting on a lot of unsold 7"s, even considering i didnt do shit for marketing.

• www.billsmithcustomrecords.com
    also check. . .
    www.erikarecords.com

i agree with the opinions above about vinyl business being in a state of emergency but i also feel strongly that a great record will still sell.
    good luck and. . .peace, stein. . .

• oh yeah just for the record. if you happen to be reading RUTHLESS the jerry heller story. RICHARD SIMPSON is THE man who did all the mastering at MACOLA records. i've worked with richard 20 or so times and he has stories for days.
    peace, stein. . .

• thanks dudes