finally did it.. b/w Microwave (sorry)

oh_reallyoh_really 71 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
After years of lurking i finally signed up. been checking these boards since around 2002, and actually probably make it here once a day now in my normal internet routine (you all know what i'm talking about, email, myspace, soulstrut etc.) I dj (tech 1200's vestax 05pro 1) and make beats (mpc macbookpro recently dipped into logic) and of course buy them records. i just bought Microwave and am hooking it up right now but for some reason Microwave dosn't seem to be recognizing the turntables or something i'm really not sure what is going on. So i thought i'd reach out to you guys/gals, the soulstrut community. everything is hooked up correctly i checked and checked but when i try to callibrate theres is no white dot in the middle of the grid and no green circles when i start the tables. if i load a song and try to play it nothing happens. as if there is no turntable connected. Has this happend to anyone, any help would be appreciated, this technology stuff is frustrating man. but i guess thats what forums are for.thanks.

Comments

• are the line/phono switches on line? btw http://scratchlive.net/forum/

• yup.

• get the latest version of serrato. i had the same problem and it was solved once I got the newest version.

welcome to the life sucking addiction that is Soulstrut.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    1st post about microwave =

If you've been lurking since 02 you should have been well aware of this too.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Damn, callin the dude out about his first post. Harsh. I didn't know we all had to dress to impress for first posts.

Dude, I wore a suit and tie.

• i was fully aware of what i could of been in for talking bout the Microwave, but i really could care less young phonics helped me out. Thanks a lot by the way having new equipment not working for you right a way is not fun. so thanks again young phonics. nothing wrong with going on a forum where Microwave is discussed rather frequently and ask a question about it in my opinion.
    so ease up.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    By the way I think this whole Microwave/Dildo shit is hilarious...anyone know who started calling it that?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

so ease up.

This type of passive/aggressive response is unacceptable.

You are supposed to tell Kinetic to "eat a bag of dicks."

Pop, lest ye be Tarted.

I also would have accepted any of the following:

FALL BACK SON
    GET ON MY LEVEL (or equiv. gremlen)
    PLAESE TO FUK OFF
    GTFOOHWTBS

or combinations.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    At least he didn't use the :Real Headz Know: graemlin
    within any of his first three posts.

That's gotta be some kind of record

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    At least he didn't use the :Real Headz Know: graemlin
    within any of his first three posts.

That's gotta be some kind of record

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    are the line/phono switches on line? btw http://scratchlive.net/forum/

you need to sign up to that forum to get the latest version and make sure the version you download is universal (compatible with macbook pro).

Also, while you're hee, maybe check out some other quality forums:

www.okayplayer.com
    www.stonesthrow.com
    www.takethatshittothebreaks.com

• Yeah, i signed up and downloaded everything is working beautifully, thanks.

This type of passive/aggressive response is unacceptable.

You are supposed to tell Kinetic to "eat a bag of dicks."

Pop, lest ye be Tarted.

as far as the above goes...
    ... i'll just have to work on that.