I NEED A BOOMBOX... suggestions plaese

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Any recommendations on boomboxes? I need a new one to take from room to room when i'm cleaning the crib, washing dishes, etc. Doesn't have to be huge, just something with nice sound and decent volume, decent bass, etc. Must have AM radio (need my sportstalk). And plaese, nothing retro... I need to play these cotdamn cds and cd-r's too, ya know

Comments

• no CD's...but it plays vinyl.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    all u need is an mp3 player and computer speakers(plug the computer speakers into the headphone jack)

accompanied with the following graemling and you're good to go:

• I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A RETRO BOOMBOX, JUST SOME CIRCUIT CITY / BEST BUYS TYPE BULLLSCHITT TO PLAY CD-Rs WHILE I CLIP MY TOENAILS IN THE BATHTUB. THAT'S ALL. THANKX

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A RETRO BOOMBOX, JUST SOME CIRCUIT CITY / BEST BUYS TYPE BULLLSCHITT TO PLAY CD-Rs WHILE I CLIP MY TOENAILS IN THE BATHTUB. THAT'S ALL. THANKX

Is there even anything to reccomend anymore Phil? Just go to Best Circuit Buy City Target Wal Sears Mart and pick out one that looks the least cheap and poorly made! I got a Magnavox at Best Buy like 6 years ago that sat by my sink for the same purposes you describe....the sucker works fine after all these years. A bit trebly though...

Honestly a walk through any electronics aisle in town will probably be the ticket...

• I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A RETRO BOOMBOX, JUST SOME CIRCUIT CITY / BEST BUYS TYPE BULLLSCHITT TO PLAY CD-Rs WHILE I CLIP MY TOENAILS IN THE BATHTUB. THAT'S ALL. THANKX

Is there even anything to reccomend anymore Phil? Just go to Best Circuit Buy City Target Wal Sears Mart and pick out one that looks the least cheap and poorly made! I got a Magnavox at Best Buy like 6 years ago that sat by my sink for the same purposes you describe....the sucker works fine after all these years. A bit trebly though...

Honestly a walk through any electronics aisle in town will probably be the ticket...

You're probably right but some may still be a lil better than others... i'm cheap, i want to get the most bang for my 49 bucks