What is a "Library record"?

jesseonejesseone 4 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I have seen the word "Library" used on this site to refer to certain LPs, what is a library record?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    a record stolen from a college radio station library.

although the LP may not contain hip-hop music, any
    record stolen from a college radio station is from
    that point on considered "hip-hop" -

- because, stealing records from radio station libraries
    is a vital branch of one of the crucial 5 elements of hip-hop,
    which is, of course, STEALING.

You can do a search of past posts for the other 4 elements.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    40 Helen's agree: Stealing is mad hip hop.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    40 Helen's agree: Stealing is mad hip hop.

holy shit!

• hey jesse, easy explanation for you bro. . .to aquire a sync license is very expensive for example if you were making a movie and wanted to use the rolling stones "honky tonk women" you would pay a fee of about $400,000 dollars. some clever people came up with the idea if they made their own music they could sell it to filmakers/radio producers for waaaaaaay cheaper. the result is alot of really bad music on records although there is some really great stuff as well. but mostly bad. most library records come from u.k./eu there were a few in the u.s. look at www.vinylvulture.co.uk for extensive library talk. my favorite label to collect is music de wolfe. and for me the appeal of library music is that it was not made for sale to the general public. peace, stein. . .

• get yourself a library card...and go check out library music...it's fun, easy...and best of all FREE!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    get yourself a library card...and go check out library music...it's fun, easy...and best of all FREE!

When I was a kid, I used to check records out of the library. Sesame Street joints and the like. So one time, I did something stupid that pissed off my mom, and in a fit of frustration, she grabbed what she thought was one of my Sesame Street records and snapped it in half. "Um, mom, that was the library's record," I meekly informed her.

• get yourself a library card...and go check out library music...it's fun, easy...and best of all FREE!

When I was a kid, I used to check records out of the library. Sesame Street joints and the like. So one time, I did something stupid that pissed off my mom, and in a fit of frustration, she grabbed what she thought was one of my Sesame Street records and snapped it in half. "Um, mom, that was the library's record," I meekly informed her.

double zap! you got her quite nicely I would say...nefarious at a young age I see...haha...