Political Correctness Gone Wild/Flame Post Warning

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
No one should care about these buffoons, but apparently people do as they make the paper daily.This has to be one of the funniest examples of political correctness gone wild and backfiring. Rosie O'Donnell Calls Kelly Ripa A Homophobe[/b] On Friday, the American Idol runner-up sat in for Philbin on Live with Regis and Kelly, and while he appeared quite garrulous, if not a little snarky, during the show's opening coffee talk segment???taking shots at the then impending TomKat wedding and Ripa's singing ability???he apparently soon felt he couldn't get a word in edgewise, at which point he took matters into his own hands.Literally.During a segment in which Dancing with the Stars champ Emmitt Smith and partner Cheryl Burke were being interviewed, Aiken attempted to eke out a question, only to be interrupted by Ripa. Clearly frustrated, he covered her mouth with his hand, at which Ripa responded with the riposte heard round the world???or at least the morning talk-show circuit. "Oh, that's a no-no," she said. "I don't know where that hand's been, honey."[/b] Enter Rosie.O'Donnell opened The View on Tuesday by airing a clip of the hand-over-mouth incident and claiming Ripa's retort of not knowing where his hand had been was wildly out of bounds. "To me, that was a homophobic remark,"[/b] O'Donnell said. "If that was a straight man, if that was a cute man, if that was a guy that she didn't question his sexuality, she would have said a different thing. I guarantee if that was Mario Lopez, she would not have said the same thing." O'Donnell failed to note that Aiken has never publicly addressed speculation that he's gay.[/b]

Comments