Intl Strut: Registered Mail - Declare Full Value?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
International strutters, I'd like to know:If I send a piece of registered mail, with the customs form declaring minimal value (say, $25) but the registration declaring full value (say, $100), will that be held up in customs?Don't want my customers to get screwed over.Thanks,Jonny

Comments

• You might be able to put two different values since there is two different entries...they recently changed the int'l insured form, there is only one place for the "value", so you cant claim a customs value and a insured value. But on an up note, I recently sent a $550 dollar record, insured, to the UK, and the purchaser didnt get any additional customs charges when it was delivered...

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    International strutters, I'd like to know:

If I send a piece of registered mail, with the customs form declaring minimal value (say, $25) but the registration declaring full value (say, $100), will that be held up in customs?

Don't want my customers to get screwed over.

Thanks,
    Jonny

I was wondering the same thing... I just sent a alot of big packages...guess i should have declared a lower value for them???

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    the custom duty offices are just checking samples. so it's a matter of luck.

i wouldn't claim the full value. it's a high risk.

if the package gets lost, you could still come up with an eBay print out and say the 10.00 that you wrote on the form was supposed to be a 1000 or something... that's what i do...

• THATS THE RIGHT ANSWER STICK A FORK IN THIS ONE ITS DONE