What's Good in Nashville???

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Hey,I have been invited for a site visit by the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt. I'll be down there on January 6th, so I'd like to get up on some record spots while I'm there. On paper, the place looks good in terms of job growth, cost of living, and percentage of Black professionals (there are a number of HBCUs there and Meharry). Milwaukee is highly stratified in that most folks that look like me are strugglin' socioeconomically. Also, I'd appreciate any comments about the city from my fellow strutters, since I'm on the job market because my wife and I hate where we live (Milwaukee, WI). Any help would be greatly appreciated.Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• My dad and sister went to Vanderbilt, so I'm familiar with the school and the city. Of course, I sound white, so I couldn't tell you anything about how comfortable you'd feel in that city, but I've always thought that Nashville was the Madison of the South.

There was a record spot just down the capital last time I was there. 45s stretched across the wall, three or four rows--front and back--of LPs, many of which are sealed cutouts.

Once you're finished digging, you must fill up your belly at the San Antonio Taco Company. That place is a Vanderbilt staple.

Good luck on that trip!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Don't yoigotbeats stay out there?

• yo stacks - holla at me (you'll be PM'ed with my info). My girl's at Vandy and we can link you in with some people.

• Stacks, I'm hittin' you on the PM tip right now.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I've never been there, but one of my distribution customers is Grimey's on 8th ave. i can't vouch for the store, but i think they got mad used shit. They buy lots of funk/soul reish shit from me. The buyer (owner?) Doyle is very good people.

• is the funky judge still alive?

my old nashville homies will know, but hiy me up if you want info.