Selling laptops on Ebay

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I'm getting some killer inside deals on some HP laptops (DV2120US) this Friday and I'm going to flip them on Ebay for a nice profit. I know selling computer stuff on Ebay is sketchy. Lots of Nigerian scammers putting in crazy bids. What can I do to combat this and make sure my bidders are legit? After the auction closes it's obvious but what can I do to prevent these scammers from winning the auction bid in the first place. Also, when getting paid via Paypal what can I do to protect myself from fraud? As you can tell I do very little selling on Ebay.

Comments

• What's the deal with shipping to confirmed Paypal shipping addresses? How do I know if a Paypal address is confirmed? If I ship to a confirmed address am I protected against chargebacks?

Just looking for some general how to information on protecting myself from fraud on Ebay and Paypal.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I'd only sell to people with a confirmed address and to destinations were you can track the
    parcel. If someone does a chargeback then you have proof that it was delivered.
    I just got burned for a $120 record, cause I didn't add delivery confirmation or signature
    required. I'd never had a package lost or a chargeback from Pay Pal, so I never used those USPS services.
    I'll tell ya those days are over!
    I have now put on my auctions that I can't be responsible for lost or damaged parcels.
    I don't know if that means anything to Pay Pal, but it looks good to a would be thief I suppose.