Say: this Hesitations LP sounds pretty good.

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Soul Superman WLP + NM vinyl. Solid. Appreciate these cats, folls.(Chicago ain't dry yet.)This NM Mossy Davidson is up next, but I'm living in the moment right now....and for you Chicago dudes looking to step to the ex-Hi-Fi framed Lovelites LP, viewings (no touch!) begin tomorrow night; my place; 8:00 pm. Scheduled 15 minute intervals appear necessary.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    ...and for you Chicago dudes looking to step to the ex-Hi-Fi framed Lovelites LP, viewings (no touch!) begin tomorrow night; my place; 8:00 pm. Scheduled 15 minute intervals appear necessary.

Haha, I asked about that before I got mine. They said they didn't have a record for it, was that the truth?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ...and for you Chicago dudes looking to step to the ex-Hi-Fi framed Lovelites LP, viewings (no touch!) begin tomorrow night; my place; 8:00 pm. Scheduled 15 minute intervals appear necessary.

Haha, I asked about that before I got mine. They said they didn't have a record for it, was that the truth?

The world may never know.

And:

HEY NUMERO GROUPIES! This Mossy Davidson LP is SCREEEMing for you to swoop it up and repress some monolithic 3 disc box tribute comp in her hono(u)r. Holy fuck! What a 2xLP! Interesting.

• WLP + NM vinyl. Solid. Appreciate these cats, folls.
    (Chicago ain't dry yet.)

I've seen their records around, Luck, and to be honest, the idea of a band whose sole purpose seems to be doing souled-up versions of lounge standards just about scared me away (although I do like their version of "Born Free," which was a hit). Maybe there is some genuinely good stuff hidden away on their Kapp albums, but I guess the "easy-listening" factor made me back up a little. Maybe you'll have to play me some Hesitations the next time I fall by your place...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    WLP + NM vinyl. Solid. Appreciate these cats, folls.
    (Chicago ain't dry yet.)

I've seen their records around, Luck, and to be honest, the idea of a band whose sole purpose seems to be doing souled-up versions of lounge standards just about scared me away (although I do like their version of "Born Free," which was a hit). Maybe there is some genuinely good stuff hidden away on their Kapp albums, but I guess the "easy-listening" factor made me back up a little. Maybe you'll have to play me some Hesitations the next time I fall by your place...

My mistake (edited OG post). This is their Soul Superman LP on Kapp. Nice group soul.

• WLP + NM vinyl. Solid. Appreciate these cats, folls.
    (Chicago ain't dry yet.)

My mistake (edited OG post). This is their Soul Superman LP on Kapp. Nice group soul.

So Soul Superman doesn't have any pop remakes, then? (They had other LP's on Kapp, and they were sorta known for soulifying songs like "The Impossible Dream.")

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Not that I can tell, although I'm not as knowledgeable in that field. This is their first LP, by all accounts. A few years before Born Free.

• Soul Superman WLP + NM vinyl. Solid. Appreciate these cats, folls.
    (Chicago ain't dry yet.)

super cosine! but thats the ONE hesitations LP ive NEVER been able to find, evar. Ive found the other ones at least 5 times each. whats your secret?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Actually, I have the Born Free LP, and besides the
    few pop standards (which aren't that bad, as they DO
    give them soulful arrangements) there are a bunch
    of great originals, solid Chicago soul along the lines
    of the Marvelows. Definitely worth the under-$10 pricetag
    it usually carries.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Mossy Davidson

great record. the Mole twisted my arm till I bought a copy, and I'm sure glad he did.

and the first google hit is...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Mossy+Davidson&btnG=Google+Search

• TNGTNG 234 Posts

HEY NUMERO GROUPIES! This Mossy Davidson LP is SCREEEMing for you to swoop it up and repress some monolithic 3 disc box tribute comp in her hono(u)r. Holy fuck! What a 2xLP! Interesting.

So much femme-folk, so little time. Catherine Howe has filled up our 1st quarter folk dance card, but you never know.

Balls deep in Twinight right now, so if any of you cats have turned up promo stills from the Perfections, Harrison & the Majestic Kind, Jospehine Taylor, Sidney Pinchback, Chuck & Mac, Krystal Generation, Kaldirons, Johnny Williams, or, by some stroke of insane luck, the Mist, hit me up.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Which Catherine Howe? Harry?

And I'd start a new thread about the Twinight-related promo stills if I were you.