$$ check, OG Family Four - "Rap Attack" on Tyson

NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Calling all early rap heads!!......I need your help with this one. I've got an OG 12" of the Family Four - "Rap Attack" on Tyson Records from 80'. I'm trading it and I can't figure out what it's worth. It's definitely an original and not the repress. Condition is an overall VG+ and plays great.......any help would be appreciated, thanks a ton in advance.

Comments

• $3-400? i've seen it go for more on ebay. Definitely one of the hardest early rap 12s to track down.

• Last time I saw an OG on ebay it went for $1200, cant remember the condition though...

• That's such a great record. It's been at the top of my wants for years.

Back when I followed eBay, I recall seeing "Rap Attack" sell twice-- once for $500+ (someone had listed it in the Jazz LPs section) and then a second time for over a G. Never seen it in the field.

• $1000

• I need your help with this one.

You don't need help, just ebay that shit!!!

On second thought maybe you need to hire a new accountant tho to help you organize your wealth.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    so what are you trading it for?

that is, what record(s), not "what is your motivation?"

• so what are you trading it for?

that is, what record(s), not "what is your motivation?"

In light of the info you've provided me with, I'm gonna have to totally restructure the sucka if it doesn't just fall apart entirely. I'm trading with a good friend, so I'm sure we'll figure something out. 1G requires some deep thought though.

• $1000

I guess maybe I'm just no longer in touch with what records go for, but that just seems rediculous to me. I find it hard to believe that any rational person would pay that much for that record. It must have been a couple of sweatys battling it out. Have you ever seen a copy of this for that much outside of that instance?