SNL Funny Again?????

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Man the last 2 episodes have been pretty good.Ludi had some good bits. That MC Snowbreeze or whatever the hell that guys name was cracked me up!The Bitchslap method!!!!!!

Comments

• thanks to tivo i've been recently catching some episodes again. last week's with alec baldwin hosting was actually pretty damn hilarious. luda - not so much.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i am prolly the only person who thinks it was a mistake to can horatio sanz...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Nope, I thought he was the man. His only problem is that he cracked up all the friggin time.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    The Alec Baldwin episode was the only one that was even 1/2 way funny...

Otherwise it's been....

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

did they actually can him or did he leave?

• thanks to tivo i've been recently catching some episodes again. last week's with alec baldwin hosting was actually pretty damn hilarious. luda - not so much.

Baldwin killed (I think the Tony Bennett Show may be one of my all time faves). Ludi wasn't bad but the material SUCKED...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yeah Luda episode sucked MAJOR ballz. You could kinda see him cringing at the humor, knowing it was some garbage. He's a good actor though!

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I agree. People have been too hard on SNL during the last ten or so years.

Firstly cause sketch comedy is real tough - even tougher than improv shows that seem to get so much more credit. Half of these improv "jokes" on "Whose Line" are shit they all were doing at Groundlings ten years ago.

Plus - for those who say SNL ain't as funny anymore: go back and watch the early 90s episodes, and especially during the "golden years" of the early 80s: 70 per cent of their sketches were duds. Sure, everyone remembers Coneheads or Wayne's World - but there were so much bad shit in between the few that we remember.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    thanks to tivo i've been recently catching some episodes again. last week's with alec baldwin hosting was actually pretty damn hilarious. luda - not so much.

Baldwin killed (I think the Tony Bennett Show may be one of my all time faves).

"And now welcome K-Fed married a super hot million-air singer, yea how'd you screw that up????? Our next guest...."

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I agree. People have been too hard on SNL during the last ten or so years.

Firstly cause sketch comedy is real tough - even tougher than improv shows that seem to get so much more credit. Half of these improv "jokes" on "Whose Line" are shit they all were doing at Groundlings ten years ago.

Plus - for those who say SNL ain't as funny anymore: go back and watch the early 90s episodes, and especially during the "golden years" of the early 80s: 70 per cent of their sketches were duds. Sure, everyone remembers Coneheads or Wayne's World - but there were so much bad shit in between the few that we remember.

I think that's the key, people remeber the classic stuff and forget there was filler back then as well. That was why I liked the Ludi episode. It had a lot of lame stuff, but the Bitchslap Method was up there with How To Be a Hoe. And the Blizzard Man (???) was just some some funny new shit!

• i am prolly the only person who thinks it was a mistake to can horatio sanz...

Nope, I thought he was the man. His only problem is that he cracked up all the friggin time.

Haven't watched it a while but it's always funnier when a cast member loses it. Especially considering most of their skits suck.