New job is across the road from a record store!

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Fuck yeah!I'm about to start a new job earning a LOT more than I was earnign before, plus it's near my fav coffee joint, but the big bonus is the building is across the freakin' road from a record store that I have pulled heat at.Regular coffee-fuelled digging adventures during work hours, here I come!

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    once you are there everyday the thrill be gone.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    once you are there everyday the thrill be gone.

Debbie Downer

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    that store was bought and now is run by Jessica Alba.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    that store was bought and now is run by Jessica Alba.
    if she worked the store there is no way this could be a bad thing, especially for nzshadow.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i have four record stores within a five minute walk of my workplace and i havent bought a single record in three months

• i have four record stores within a five minute walk of my workplace and i havent bought a single record in three months

kinetic, you better lock that shit down. that is YOUR SPOT now. king it

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yes SIR!

Shit is ON LOCK DOWN

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    which store kinetic?
    I work over the road from soulclap. Im in there every lunchtime.

which store kinetic?

What? And risk unlocking my lockdown arragement? I'm gonna work on back-room access, which shoudl prove fruitful given the visible quanitity existing therein.

It's nowhere in the city though so don't worry! Soul Clap is safe with you! Do you ever go and dig at Enthusiasms on Pitt Street?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    which store kinetic?

What? And risk unlocking my lockdown arragement? I'm gonna work on back-room access, which shoudl prove fruitful given the visible quanitity existing therein.

I used to work down the street from 2 really cool rcord stores for a couple of years. I hit them things up nearly everyday and eventually got back room access to one of them.

Never got suck of the situation and I'd shed a tear if I had the ability to cry

Kinetic RUN THAT SHIT!

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    i have four record stores within a five minute walk of my workplace and i havent bought a single record in three months

do you work at the internet cafe in pucks alley?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

yezzir

Kinetic RUN THAT SHIT!

Show me the backroom batch!

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    it's a daily routine to hit two shops on my way home from work. neither one have backrooms, but i do get to peep the records which they keep behind the counter before they put them out on the salesfloor in the afternoon. one of the spots i even get to pretty much price records myself.

it feels great to be kinging crates. congrats to you sir.

one of the spots i even get to pretty much price records myself.
    You know you got a spot on lock when you get first dibs AND when you pull stuff out the guy says "so how much do you wanna pay for these?" and then they actually give them to you for that price!

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

yezzir

ah, so desu ne.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Yeah i hit up Enthusiasms from time to time. Trying to avoid 2nd spots as im trying to save cash. Soulclap is a pretty safe bet as theres not much hip hop that im buying these days.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

"What? And risk unlocking my lockdown arragement? I'm gonna work on back-room access, which shoudl prove fruitful given the visible quanitity existing therein"

I WANT ALLLLLL THE RECORDS

While you're playing with your gaydar, might wanna service the sarcastometre.