Kraut DJ's - Home Setup Related

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Tho, I know these aren't all German DJ's (Hawtin is Canadian, but I guess now lives in Germany).

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    thats pretty tight. Some of those setups were laid out real nice. When i see photos like that though i want to see a mess like this.

Like shit everywhere. That shows that your working and deep in concentration in the studio. Fuck all that cleaning up for the camera nonsense.

this dude here got caught slipping five minutes before the shoot.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    All I can think of is how much it reminds me of an Ikea catalog.

• All I can think of is how much it reminds me of an Ikea catalog.

Pehaps thats because Ikea is just a watered down version of bauhaus/modernist/scandanavian design. Besides, thats a big call when theres only one photo with expedits in it (top one, 2 4x4's stacked up?)

• i have a feeling that 99.8765234% of the records in the pics above are crap techno

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    i have a feeling that 99.8765234% of the records in the pics above are crap techno

and the rest are crap library records and James Last lp's.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    All I can think of is how much it reminds me of an Ikea catalog.

Pehaps thats because Ikea is just a watered down version of bauhaus/modernist/scandanavian design. Besides, thats a big call when theres only one photo with expedits in it (top one, 2 4x4's stacked up?)

It's also because of how the photos are taken, and how there are words I don't understand everywhere in small print, and because Ikea's long lines and terrible customer service haunts me.

And seeing a techno DJs collection is always so strange because you realize that there is very little variety in there. Don't get me wrong, huge Kraftwerk/Chemical Brothers/Royksopp/Orbital fan here, but I can't stand the sub-genre divided junk where there will be 300 songs that sound the same and they're all called something like "downtempotrancedrumnbassambient". The best music (especially in techno) defies genres. (end of rant)

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    these are some nice pics. the one and only really good dj among them is dj koze.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Really? Hawtin is not a good DJ??? I know it's techno and all. But the guy is an OG and is one of the biggest DJs in the world. He was the main beta tester for what would later become Final Scratch (Long before Microwave came on the scene).

Really? Hawtin is not a good DJ??? I know it's techno and all. But the guy is an OG and is one of the biggest DJs in the world. He was the main beta tester for what would later become Final Scratch (Long before Microwave came on the scene).

you are right somehow.
    Hawtin (and the others as well) know how to DJ and he was/still is highly influential. I never liked their music and I cannot really appreciate it though.
    Dj Koze IMO is a unique dude with great dj skillz. he??s a funny entertainer as well.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Villalobos's listening room is sweet! Dude clearly did very well as a DJ.

• I like Ricardo Villalobos.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Dj Koze IMO is a unique dude with great dj skillz. he??s a funny entertainer as well.

a friend of mine lives in hamburg... he lives in a buidling with Koze and 5 Sterne Deluxe...

he didn't even know who his neighbors were. he found out that one of his neighbor was a DJ, because the mailman left some records for Koze at his place. i asked him to open the packages and tell me what kind of records were inside. but he wouldn't do it...

a friend of mine lives in hamburg... he lives in a buidling with Koze and 5 Sterne Deluxe...

he didn't even know who his neighbors were. he found out that one of his neighbor was a DJ, because the mailman left some records for Koze at his place. i asked him to open the packages and tell me what kind of records were inside. but he wouldn't do it...

he gets crappy promos...

but I am
    I also know somebody in this house (B...n, producing music) and he mentioned all the record arrivals for koze when I meet him the last time. same dude?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This guy has to be one giant-ass MF.

• I could definately live with Hell's setup.