Los Angeles / Orange County Question (NRR)

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I'm trying to help a coworker out here - he's going to a conference in Long Beach, but all the hotels are booked. So he's looking into hotels in Manhattan Beach / Redondo Beach - how long does it take to get to Long Beach (weekday, rush hours, driving)? If it's a really long time, any other neighbourhoods worth staying in?Thanks

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i dont know how long it would take, but redondo is closer in proximity. of course, both manhattan beach and redondo beach are beach towns and nowhere near a freeway. the commute might be very long.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    General rule out here seems to be "allow yourself 1 hour minimum to get from point A to point B...no matter the proximity"

• I don't know, but if he wants to eat breakfast next to Steve from Beverly Hills
    while he's in town, tell him to go to The Griddle Cafe on Sunset.
    And that's my word.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    General rule out here seems to be "allow yourself 1 hour minimum to get from point A to point B...no matter the proximity"

okay, will pass it on. Thanks for the help

I don't know, but if he wants to eat breakfast next to Steve from Beverly Hills
    And that's my word.

Not to mention Jay & Silent Bob ... or are you forgetting?

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    i would look in OC, costa mesa, huntington beach or newport beach, all 20-30min from LB & easier than the others mentioned...

peace

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    i would look in OC, costa mesa, huntington beach or newport beach, all 20-30min from LB & easier than the others mentioned...

peace

agreed. i live in-between redondo beach and manhattan beach in Hermosa. Give or take 30 minutes to downtown Long Beach with the normal commuter traffic.

• I don't know, but if he wants to eat breakfast next to Steve from Beverly Hills
    And that's my word.

Not to mention Jay & Silent Bob ... or are you forgetting?

haha - definitely not forgetting, but i'm 2 FOR 2 with ian ziering sightings at the griddle!!!

but i'm 2 FOR 2 with ian ziering sightings at the griddle!!!

• i seriously doubt all the hotels are booked. that shit never really books up. there are about half a dozen 1000+ room hotels right by the convention center. tell him to try some of the smaller places south of (closer to the beach) than 4th street. vagabond inn on alamitos is an easy option. if he dont mind places that are a little less plush, but still close to the convention center, i can recommend some other seedy lb spots. if he really has to go outside long beach, seal beach, huntington beach, cypress in that order. manhattan/hermosa/redondo = not a convenient trek.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    i seriously doubt all the hotels are booked. that shit never really books up. there are about half a dozen 1000+ room hotels right by the convention center. tell him to try some of the smaller places south of (closer to the beach) than 4th street. vagabond inn on alamitos is an easy option. if he dont mind places that are a little less plush, but still close to the convention center, i can recommend some other seedy lb spots. if he really has to go outside long beach, seal beach, huntington beach, cypress in that order. manhattan/hermosa/redondo = not a convenient trek.

jeez dude you act like you live in the LB or some shit...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i seriously doubt all the hotels are booked. that shit never really books up. there are about half a dozen 1000+ room hotels right by the convention center. tell him to try some of the smaller places south of (closer to the beach) than 4th street. vagabond inn on alamitos is an easy option. if he dont mind places that are a little less plush, but still close to the convention center, i can recommend some other seedy lb spots[/b]. if he really has to go outside long beach, seal beach, huntington beach, cypress in that order. manhattan/hermosa/redondo = not a convenient trek.

jeez dude you act like you work[/b] in the LB or some shit...

• i seriously doubt all the hotels are booked. that shit never really books up. there are about half a dozen 1000+ room hotels right by the convention center. tell him to try some of the smaller places south of (closer to the beach) than 4th street. vagabond inn on alamitos is an easy option. if he dont mind places that are a little less plush, but still close to the convention center, i can recommend some other seedy lb spots[/b]. if he really has to go outside long beach, seal beach, huntington beach, cypress in that order. manhattan/hermosa/redondo = not a convenient trek.

jeez dude you act like you work[/b] in the LB or some shit...

pimp hand is strong. if they charge by the hour, i know it

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i seriously doubt all the hotels are booked. that shit never really books up.

yeah...if he's using the internet to find a room in Long Beach its not reliable....those hotels stay vacant