WHAT YOU MISSED

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited May 2005 in Announcements
i know you werent there. in fact, im willing to bet you didnt even know this was happening. hell, i wouldnt have known either if drez hadnt hipped me to it.now, i wont lie. i dont really like it here in LA. but things like this make me realize im being an old stick in the mud about shit. i mean, i felt like i went to church this weekend. alls im saying is, i watched a packed dancefloor of senior citizens gettin downright stupid to some old soul. when dude sung the ballads, all the youngsters cleared the floor. hell, i dont think anyone under 30 dared. this was all about the grown folks. im talking 70 year old men you would not dream of stepping to. dude on stage went from "my prayer" right into "whats your name" and had 60 year old women acting like teenage girls creaming their shorts i shit you not. it was the most beautiful thing i have ever seen. jinx-dancing with your lady, or doing the 3 way shuffle with you, your lady, and your kid trying to get some love. spirtual LA shit. im starting to like it here...

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Damn Shig, why you gotta taunt me with that...

• where where where

razor blades in hurr hair

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Joe Bataan show, right???

Dope!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Dope!

yup. dude gets his in LA. ralfi too! RIP

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I heard he recorded the first rap song. We will be seeing him in July.

Dope!

Dog you don't have to tell me; me and Dres stayed up till the wee hours playing lowrider classics when he was out here... he told me about the show...

You were missed.

Tanya, Joe will be here in July?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Dope!

Dog you don't have to tell me; me and Dres stayed up till the wee hours playing lowrider classics when he was out here... he told me about the show...

You were missed.

nice! glad you guys got to meet up. he was mentioning something about that. i actually left a msg on his phone calling from the concert. you know, just to remind him of what he'll be missing out on in the near future.

Yes, in the Bronx with Bobbito:

http://www.cityparksfoundation.org/index1.aspx?BD=18141

Real headz know tha deal.

Yes, in the Bronx with Bobbito:

http://www.cityparksfoundation.org/index1.aspx?BD=18141

Real headz know tha deal.

ugh. What exactly will Bob be "doing"? Don't know if I can put up with him but I'll try in the interest of all things oldies-related...

Also saw that Roy Ayers is playing in Brooklyn. I'll be there.

ugh. What exactly will Bob be "doing"? Don't know if I can put up with him but I'll try in the interest of all things oldies-related...

"Bobbito will be playing the tracks while Joe states the facts."

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

Dope!

You were missed.

nice! glad you guys got to meet up. he was mentioning something about that. i actually left a msg on his phone calling from the concert. you know, just to remind him of what he'll be missing out on in the near future.

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude im listening to fuckin slippin right now, trippin on this whole shit... glad you rolled shig, thats a DL spot, you can catch many a heat at re: concerts... i got info for you on another JB show commin up w/ some serious old cats from east los... pm commin your way...

WEEEEE HOURS indeed, lowridersoul & bowls, when JP put me on the train back uptown i was blown mad kewl head indeed...

paz

drez