WHAT IS THIS TRACK IN THIS DIGGING DOCU ????

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Check the track at minute 4.01. What is that ?? The tune with the organ on it.I'm going nuts if I dont know what it is.

PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• that mos def part is

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    thanks for puttin it up.
    this will help us thru that winter.
    any mo clips of this kind ?
    highly entertaining

• Check the track at minute 4.01. What is that ?? The tune with the organ on it.

I'm going nuts if I dont know what it is.

That's a version of "Comin' Home Baby", right? I think it was on one of those Nuggets break comps from back in the 90s too. Harry Stoneham or one of those muthaf---as maybe? Somebody on this board should know it but if not I'll check when I get back to the cribpiece.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Check the track at minute 4.01. What is that ?? The tune with the organ on it.

That's a version of "Comin' Home Baby", right? I think it was on one of those Nuggets break comps from back in the 90s too. Harry Stoneham or one of those muthaf---as maybe? Somebody on this board should know it but if not I'll check when I get back to the cribpiece.

It's a one-tracker, but it's a great track.

• Any new ideas ?? Becasue to me that tune at minute 4.01 sounds to me like a sampled tune. I know the drums from way back in the 90s a couple of rap tunes had them as a loop. Here they have a diffrent pattern, so they are probably programed.

Peace
    Hawkeye

Any new ideas ?? Becasue to me that tune at minute 4.01 sounds to me like a sampled tune. I know the drums from way back in the 90s a couple of rap tunes had them as a loop. Here they have a diffrent pattern, so they are probably programed.

Peace
    Hawkeye

No, it's definitely the Harry Stoneham/Johnny Eyden version of "Coming Home Baby". What might sound like programmed drums could be the Hammond's built-in rhythm machine, with Johnny Eyden playing over the top of it. There's no open drums on that joint anyway, which is a shame because they're hard as fuck. The o.g. album is in mono (or, at least, my copy is), so you couldn't pan 'em and flip 'em either. Like Phill says, it was on the "Objective Exotic Directions" bootleg that came out in the mid/late '90's, which is where I first heard it.

• Thank you, you saved me from becoming nuts. Now I can go and hunt it down.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    What is the track in the intro? That one is really sick...

• What is the track in the intro? That one is really sick...

that??s chackal from manolo gas

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Track ID on an internet message board from computer video digging doc is so very

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    What is the track in the intro? That one is really sick...

that??s chackal from manolo gas

love that record and kick myself twice a day for leaving a double in peru

just want to give props to planless

he always comes through subtly with a great answer or contribution

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Just out of curiosity...
    At about 19:40 there's a beat looping Bj??rn J:son Lindh (3rd Meter stroll, or something? Off the "Boogie Woogie" album, think it's called something else on the international release). Anybody know if that beat ever ended up on an album?

• does anyone have an mp3 of the milano song they play at the end?

that??s milano - deal with a feeling
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tzkm46

• Check the track at minute 4.01. What is that ?? The tune with the organ on it.

A local record dealer beat me to a stack of records by about 30 seconds, he came away holding this record, it was priced at 20p
    I've not found it since.

Check the track at minute 4.01. What is that ?? The tune with the organ on it.

A local record dealer beat me to a stack of records by about 30 seconds, he came away holding this record, it was priced at 20p
    I've not found it since.

I think my copy was about 50p or something. I copped it in a charity shop in Streatham. Apart from "Coming Home Baby", it's a bit of a snoozer - Hammond & drums duo doing a bunch of jazz/pop standards. Good for what it is, but nothing outstanding.