Michael Sweetney = This Year's Tim Thomas? (BBR)

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I simply don't understand why Sweetney is on ice for the Chicago Bulls. Sure he's soft on the inside (both the belly and the post) but at times, he was a decent scorer. I'm not expecting Skiles to put him in for 20 minutes a game but you'd think he'd actually have played by now. I'm starting to think that this is part of a larger (albeit, misguided) conspiracy to make the Knicks look bad. Not that the Knicks wouldn't have enough trouble moving their high-maintenance, highly-paid players. But the Bulls want to twist the knife a little... Like when Tim Thomas and Sweets got traded to the Bulls -- Thomas was so bad, such a lazy former Knick, that he couldn't even make it another NBA team, like the Knicks are where failed-to-live-up-to-their-superstar-potential dudes go to die. Of course, this all exploded in the Bulls' face when Thomas killed it (possibly due to some 'roids) in the playoffs for Phoenix and is now playing pretty well on the Clippers. I still think that the Chicago sports media corps dropped the ball on that story -- on why Thomas simply didn't work out on the Bulls. I mean, what the fuck happened? He couldn't have helped out a little? It's not like the Bulls had a plethora of dudes who could score inside and drop a few threes now and again. Same thing now with Sweetney. If they plan to trade him, why not show him the light of day every once in a while? Leaving him on the inactive list can't exactly heighten his value. Then again, maybe the Bulls are just so "deep" that they don't need him. I want to know!

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Then again, maybe the Bulls are just so "deep" that they don't need him. I want to know!

i think this is the answer

• Also, doesn't the wide-open style of the Suns and to a lesser degree the Clips lend itself to Thomas' let-me-not-take-advantage-of-any-of-my-physical-skills-but-rather-stand-around-and-launch-threes game?

I agree, Sweetney should be able to contribute somewhere in the Association.