INNER DIMENSIONS OF RICK MASON & RARE FEELINGS???

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Wasn't AP flossing this in WaxPo?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Feelings.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

M*ke....there's a cut from this on my Waxi-CD.....I'll let you review it...I'm biased.

M*ke....there's a cut from this on my Waxi-CD.....I'll let you review it...I'm biased.
    Oh yeah, I actually liked it on the first listen.
    I'm gonna give it another spin later.
    Thanks, R**h.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Sound clip?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i like the rick mason lp for its weirdness. it borders on terrible or insane at points but that=interesting to me.

rich- was there ever any confirmation on the story behind it? mental hospital? song about his momma and brushing his teeth.... etc. etc.

Sound clip?
    I'll hook it up later.

rich- was there ever any confirmation on the story behind it? mental hospital? song about his momma and brushing his teeth[/b].... etc. etc.
    Do tell.

• I have a burn. IMO it is pretty horrible, although maybe so bad it went into so-bad-its-good territory. I can see why people would like it, but it's just not something I'd ever spend money on.

• Yea, it is a real people record. If you are after shredding funk forget it. It is an amazing, amazing record though for the fact that is simply is the bizzaro DC hospital worker mumbling on the mellow record. extra good shit dude.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

rich- was there ever any confirmation on the story behind it? mental hospital? song about his momma and brushing his teeth[/b].... etc. etc.
    Do tell.

There is definitely a song about brushing your teeth.......and the whole thing sounds pretty wacky. There is a note on the back thanking all the workers at a Phiily Mental Hospital or Ward. No confirmation as to whether he was a worker or patient, but if the music is any indication, I'd vote for the former.

Wow, the world of records can be very weird.
    I thought this record was made in Texas.