Playstation 1 is actually a hi end audio component

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
No shit. I should go dig mine up. Apparently they are very high end cd players and are being desired by audiophiles. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15484873/

Comments

• dude, your avatar is highly disturbing. haha

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    thats the way i like it.
    skeet skeet skeet

• That actually kinda makes sense. I used one as a cd player for years and it always sounded good to me. I've been using a dvd player as a cd player lately and it sounds so awful I rarely even use it. Maybe I'll dig up an old ps. Plus there were some dope games for it!

• Damn, I remember when Fat Joe's Don Cartagena came out, I listened to it on a PS and it sounded real good, i.e. surprisingly good. Then after a couple of plays in the walkman, I scolded myself for having thought so highly of it. 8 years later, the mystery is solved!! Hahahah.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Damn, I remember when Fat Joe's Don Cartagena came out, I listened to it on a PS and it sounded real good, i.e. surprisingly good. Then after a couple of plays in the walkman, I scolded myself for having thought so highly of it. 8 years later, the mystery is solved!! Hahahah.

paging deej...

• dude, your avatar is highly disturbing. haha

Agreed ... that avatar is

Many laughs.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This could be like that 30 dollar amp from Target that supposed to rival $$$$$ gear. I won't say no cause the author is talking to reputable people, but I think more goes into a good sounding CD player than the DAC or transport: Power supplies, internal wiring, internal dampening, etc...