CHEAP + STURDY ROADCASE for your mixer / CD deck

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I've been putting off buying roadcases for my Rane mixer and Numark CD players 'cos I figured I'd be looking at $100+ per case. Then my bhangra co-DJ told me he got a pretty decent aluminum case for his mixer at Lowe's Hardware for $25. Sounded too good to be true, but I wrote down the dimensions of my equipment, went to Lowe's yesterday, and bought said case because it looked like it would fit my mixer. When I got home, not only did it fit my mixer perfectly, but my it was the right size for my CD decks, too. Plus it has a customizable foam padded interior (not shown in the pic below, but included) that you can tear by hand, so the equipment in question will fit in securely.Aluminum case w/ locks, handle, carrying strap, and customizable interior foam padding for $25? YES PLAESE. An hour later I went back and bought two more. Guardforce18" Heavy-Duty Aluminum Tool CaseItem #: 24981??????????????Model: VGC-5200$24.94Hope this info works for some of you looking for roadcases. It'd probably work great as an accessory case, too.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, that's fucking awesome.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    haha, that's fucking awesome.

For reals.

Good looking out, Marco! I'm getting ready to buy my CD-J and I was NOT looking forward to dropping an extra hundred and some for a case.

Herm

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I'm getting ready to buy my CD-J and I was NOT looking forward to dropping an extra hundred and some for a case.

Yep, just keep in mind that the Numark CD joints I got are considerably smaller than a Pioneer CDJ if that's what you're getting. I don't think the Pioneers would fit in these (approx. 18" x 12" x 6") cases.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I'm getting ready to buy my CD-J and I was NOT looking forward to dropping an extra hundred and some for a case.

Yep, just keep in mind that the Numark CD joints I got are considerably smaller than a Pioneer CDJ if that's what you're getting. I don't think the Pioneers would fit in these (approx. 18" x 12" x 6") cases.

Oh that's just great!

Just have to cancel my trip to Lowe's!

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    i was about to make this EXACT post, my man r***** r******** told me about that, and picked up one for me. No more carrying around my Rane in it's cardboard box. I like how this mixercase thing is making the rounds in the DJ circles.

it also has a sholder strap, which i'm sure will come in handy. i wounder how long till this thing pops up in the turntablelab equipment section?