Alice Russell in DC tonite!

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Alice Rusell is playing at the Bohemian Caverns (yes the same one that Ramsey Lewis recorded at) tonight with TM Juke. This show has bee criminally underpromoted. I found out by accident and I own a music store 5 blocks from the venue!I love her music but haven't seen her live. Any idea what to expect?Venue link is here: Bohemian Caverns calendar

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk i really want to see her live

• Does this mean she'll be making her way up to NY?
    Or did that already happen?

Shit...

• posted this morning in announcements
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=752332&an=0&page=0#Post752332

yeah, I just heard about this yesterday...very psyched

• The show was awesome. Just her and TM Juke playing guitar and DJing a bit with Alice singing over the top (karaoke she called it). What a voice. Very appreciative (multi-ethnic for all you DC haters) crowd. Nice DJ set afterwards as well. Lotsa love in a great space.
    Still not sure exactly how she ended up in DC on short notice (I think a New York show fell through) but glad she came. She's headed to San Francisco tomorrow for about a week and does not have any gigs lined up, but wants to play at least once. I told her I'd ask around so if any of y'all have any contacts with any Bay Area club owners drop me a line and I'll get you her contact info (sounds like there's an opening for a booking agents here).
    Go see her.
    Cheers,
    Neville (going to bed now) C