Greg Perry Productions

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I've got the stuff released under his own name, as well as his brother's LP, and I just got the Edna Wright record, which I hadn't realized he was responsible for.So what else has he done for other artists (post his Hot wax/Invictus affilliation)?

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    45 wise he has a record on Chess from the 60's & an 45/12 on Alfa from the 80s that always seems to sell really well( "it takes heart")

I think he mostly did writing for Honey Cone while at Invictus/Hotwax?

'smokin' is great - the whole second side mostly.

---

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I think he mostly did writing for Honey Cone while at Invictus/Hotwax?

Yeah, hence the Edna Wright connection.

He also seems to have been involved with 8th Day/100 Proof... I think Jeff Perry may actually have been in one iteration of that group.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    on allmusic it says that Jeff Perry was briefly in 100 Proof - 100 Proof seems like it was a grab bag of Detroit based singers who had been kicking around for years without really breaking through nationally - i.e Don Mancha & Joe Stubbs etc.

Jeff Perry has a 45 on Arista that was a big local hit & is fairly common - 'love don't come no stronger than your and mine' - this was from 1975 or so, before he switched to 'Jeffree'

---

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    on allmusic it says that Jeff Perry was briefly in 100 Proof - 100 Proof seems like it was a grab bag of Detroit based singers who had been kicking around for years without really breaking through nationally - i.e Don Mancha & Joe Stubbs etc.

Jeff Perry has a 45 on Arista that was a big local hit & is fairly common - 'love don't come no stronger than your and mine' - this was from 1975 or so, before he switched to 'Jeffree'

---

As a side note, Jeff Perry composed all of the songs on Jackie Wilson's excellent "Beautiful Day" album from the early 70's.

SG

• on allmusic it says that Jeff Perry was briefly in 100 Proof - 100 Proof seems like it was a grab bag of Detroit based singers who had been kicking around for years without really breaking through nationally - i.e Don Mancha & Joe Stubbs etc.

---

As a side note, Jeff Perry composed all of the songs on Jackie Wilson's excellent "Beautiful Day" album from the early 70's.

SG

That record is so fucking good.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

---

SG

damn, i gotta hear that. I love greg and jeff perry.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

---

SG

damn, i gotta hear that. I love greg and jeff perry.

I hear there's a copy at a store near TheMack's house...