I blew my WIRE load and... (no spoilers)

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I downloaded & watched the rest of the season. This series is fan fucking tastic, can't wait to see next season! But HBO, with few exceptions (sorpranos) caps their series at 5 seasons for some reason. We should start a petition to extend it....

Comments

• woah... where/how was this done?

I am thinking of blowing my load on the first three seasons' DVD sets. I only started to watch it this season...

EVERY MONDAY NIGHT = FOCUSED. DON'T TALK TO ME OR CALL. NOTHING IS GOING DOWN IF IT DOESN'T START WITH "THE" AND END WITH "WIRE".

Last week wifedogs was all like, "my friends are gonna come over monday night to watch 'Heroes'. Everybody's talking about it"

I was like, "you better retrospect somethin. MONDAY NIGHT IS MINE."

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yeah, I did the same a few nights ago with a friend's Season 4 DVD's.
    Simply outstanding. Need season 5 ASAP.

All the upcoming episodes for this season are for real.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i been hooked on this since the beginning of the season. gotta back up now. just out of curiousity how many episodes are left this season?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Last week wifedogs was all like, "my friends are gonna come over monday night to watch 'Heroes'. Everybody's talking about it"

The Wire >>> (x 1000) Heroes

i been hooked on this since the beginning of the season. gotta back up now. just out of curiousity how many episodes are left this season?

There are 13 total.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

There are 13 total.

dope. ima hafta go to OnDemand and calculate. my father looks like Prezbo.

• Last week wifedogs was all like, "my friends are gonna come over monday night to watch 'Heroes'. Everybody's talking about it"

The Wire >>> (x 1000) Heroes

This is what I am saying.

• woah... where/how was this done?

I am thinking of blowing my load on the first three seasons' DVD sets. I only started to watch it this season...

EVERY MONDAY NIGHT = FOCUSED. DON'T TALK TO ME OR CALL. NOTHING IS GOING DOWN IF IT DOESN'T START WITH "THE" AND END WITH "WIRE".

The complete season has been out on the torrents for a while. It has a little number in the upper-right corner that won't go away, but otherwise is high quality.

I hear you.... I'm a little pissed/guilty for spoiling the beginning of my week for the next month.

Honestly, I'm still mentally reeling from the fact that people have parties to watch "Heroes."

"Lost" I can understand. But a show were the tagline has become - unironically if I'm not mistaken - "save the cheerleader, save the world"?

Like whoa.

As for The Wire - episodes have also been uploaded to the Usenet groups as well, besides torrent sites (torrents are just so punishingly slow to use). What happened, I think, is that HBO sent out a lot of complete season sets for review purposes in an effort to get people to write about it - and in theory, help boost the ratings (alas, this failed utterly) - but it also made it possible for the entire season to just get booted left and right. I don't think that's the reason why the show's ratings are abysmal...it's just a hard series for a newbie to walk into without having seen previous seasons and more to the point, it's frankly far too smart for its own good if it's aiming for a populist audience. Maybe it needs an indestructible cheerleader.

For Season 5, I hope they don't let out the whole season on review. While I did take advantage of having the entire season at my disposal, I kind of like having it be a weekly event.

woah... where/how was this done?

The complete season has been out on the torrents for a while. It has a little number in the upper-right corner that won't go away, but otherwise is high quality.

I hear you.... I'm a little pissed/guilty for spoiling the beginning of my week for the next month.

• Low Ratings...

My g/f re. The Wire: "I don't want to watch this. it's too sad."

Low Ratings...

Well, I can feel that.

• Honestly, I'm still mentally reeling from the fact that people have parties to watch "Heroes."

"Lost" I can understand. But a show were the tagline has become - unironically if I'm not mistaken - "save the cheerleader, save the world"?

Like whoa.

You're buggin.
    Heores is that real!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Low Ratings...

shit, especially this season too. david simon also attributed it to people not feeling comfortable watching a show with a primary black cast

there is only going to be 5 seasons. the creators said they only planned on having 5 seasons and really did not want to drag the show on and on and wanted to end it while it was still good. cant fault them for that at all

i cannot appreciate any other shows anymore because i eventually make a wire comparison and think everything sucks

• My grandma tapes this for me as I don't have cable or HBO. Basically, every 3 or 4 weeks I get a new tape sent or brought down to me, and I spend a day on the weekends catching up, it's a nice balance between watching them all at once (which would be incredible, but then I'd be fiending fierce) and doing the weekly thang.

I have never seen any of the previous seasons but the first tape I got had a 2 hour special that helped me get immersed into the series. I say this all the time, but I really need netflix so I can watch the earlier seasons.

Someone was also telling me that HBO was cracking down on torrent trackers that host their shows, but I guess that isn't the case.

I need that next tape pronto, PANDEMIC! GOT THAT PANDEMIC!

My grandma tapes this for me

That is one great granny.

• alright fuck the bullshit. I know Season 4 is on the torrent sites.

but WHICH TORRENT SITES? I need this...

• She loves the wire.

and also tapes weeds for me.

• downloaded season 4 last night... if not for nfl games i would have been watching this schitt all day long

i am on snoop's dick

• I finished watching the current season about 3 weeks ago. I swear...I had to FORCE myself to turn my computer off after watching 2 episodes per night. Shit is addictive!

There's a great story with the director and a few of the key characters in the current issue of The Fader, by the way.

Herm

• downloaded season 4 last night... if not for nfl games i would have been watching this schitt all day long

i am on snoop's dick

her character needs a hug. do you think her and chrisRo are lovers?
    why does chrisRo look so homeless?

soulstrut poll:
    chris vs. omar

i gotta go with omar, in double OT

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Omar! Chris looks like he's homeless because he's a zombie- duh.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Completely worth it--you can get all three for a total of around $150 from Amazon.

Without a doubt one of the great artworks of the 21st century.

chris vs. omar

i gotta go with omar, in double OT

This is such a ridiculous question that I can't even gratify it with an answer.

(But it's Omar. Easy.)

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Maybe it needs an indestructible cheerleader.

• Omar! Chris looks like he's homeless because he's a zombie- duh.

of course! forgot about that!!! zombie master!

• i am on snoop's dick

that bitch aint fuckin with nuthin that dont got a pussy on it

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    snoop =

she probably would hold a gun to my head the whole time or some freaky shit like that

• i am on snoop's dick

that bitch aint fuckin with nuthin that dont got a pussy on it

you think her and griggs might.....naaaaaaaaaaa

she needs a hug

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Low Ratings...

Well, I can feel that.

My wife is just now getting into it, but only because of the school plot(she used to work in DC public schools....for anyone thinking the Wire exagerates, think again).

Whenever there is is even a threat of violence, she tells me to fast forward the Tivo...I just tell her to cover her eyes. She also thinks it's too sad, in the sense that she grew up in the 80s in one of the rougher areas of DC, the way she sees it she doesn't really need a refresher course in the inequities and violence of the ghetto.

I tivo it cuz I work at the ER til 2am....sometimes I will come home and watch it til 3am!

• snoop =

she probably would hold a gun to my head the whole time or some freaky shit like that

y'all know she really did kill a woman in real life, right?