Those fool-proof gift CDs

Mad Drama TeacherMad Drama Teacher 1,985 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
No, I'm not talking about the completely boring hip adult music you'd find in Banana Republic or Caribou Coffee like Bebel Gilberto or some remixed soul music. I am talking about those albums or compilations that you personally love and like to share with your loved ones; albums that would be appreaciated by your young cousins and your older aunts and uncles; albums that remind you of holidays past, driving to Grandma and Grandpa's, big spaces and conversations; albums that remind you of where you came from.

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    mix cds are always best. it's when you've listened to so much music that you almost have a mental library of song feelings that you can apply to the mentality of the person you are making the mix cd, then you've found a new language. hey, i like how that sounds, i'l write it down.

but its truth, cause it means a lot of consideration went into the gift, you're giving them 20 gifts in one box (if you have 20 tracks on it)

my point is, id rather make a compilation cd then really getting someone an album.

• World Psychedelic Classics 3, if they have this already they probably talked your ear off about how amazing this compalation is.

• I like this idea, too, especially if it's packaged in an artsy sleeve.