Please recall YOUR first post on the boards

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
In my first post on the boards (after a month of lurking) I asked people to give their reasons on why they started "digging" records in the first place (to be fair, it is called "crate digging revealed"). There were a lot of laughs, some good jabs (someone explained how they were born to collect every record released on KUDU ever made), but surprisingly a lot of people took the time to answer the question. Another highlight I can remember was a Timmydigalot appearance battling it out through keystrokes with another alias claiming that they both held the Connecticut record game down.All in all it was a pretty embarassing post with good results.

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    "i fingered a girl" was the line that had folks reelin

• i posted a link to a review of the LP cover art show from '01. i then made some pithy joke about not getting clowned as a newbie, to which someone quickly clowned me.

here is the link, btw. great piece.

baby's first post

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    how can i find out?
    i'd like to see what a fool i was back then, compared to the fool i am now.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    That was a long time ago.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Mine was an Art Ensemble of Chicago OG check.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    I needed a song ID for Barry Kunzel or something I think it was, it was a tune i saw in a breaking video...the track was supervisor...and i think day helped me out.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Mine was a question to FunkyGuzzo about the british Hair record.
    A typical lil dude move.

Peace

• I came to some mistreated Bollywood enthusiast's defense in a finds thread and was called little dude. Second contribution was in a Trouble Man OST appreciation thread and was called little dude for saying I liked that album (it was all about What's Going On). It's ridiculous but I still know the exact sentence because it was pretty funny (but obnoxious): "the littleness of dudes is on full display in this thread." After that I had some stoned interaction with AlieNDN on psychedelic children TV (probably too weird to be deemed little) but the moments of recognizion were too thinly spread to keep me a regular, sob.

• ^nice 666 post

my 1st post (1st i started, not a reply) was about best songs to fuck 2. it hit 2 or 3 pages and inspired a RAJ spoof/spinoff post

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    That was a long time ago.

Now that I think of it, I might have been shouting out to Philly Hobo who was updating his cross country diary. Tony shout.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    i recall being attacked by a large MEEEAN group of SSers for posting a tread bout one of my boys finding a secret record, it was a regular soulstrut newbie beatdown