International Soulstrut

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Are there any non-US members left? Any non-native speakers?How come there are hardly any Europeans on Soulstrut? I feel lonely. I want to talk about Euro records!you gusy made pap and le-toup leave. it won't get any better. they should have stayed.

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I want to talk about Euro records!

me too. please start!

• Im here.... I just want to talk.

Dress

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I know there's a fair share of Euro heads on here from Germany, France, England, Sweden, Denmark, Finland Norway and so on. They are just not as vocal (= loud and obnoxious) as the US folks. This is an American board after all, so there's going to be a lot of stuff that's of limited interest to us. Myself, I could care less about favorite Popeye sideorders or who's the new guvernor of Virginia or whatever, so I just skip all that clutter.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    hey, i forgot about the danes and the swedish people.

never really heard the allegro jazz band.

so, what are your recent discoveries?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    you forgot about the Chinese people too!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

And the japanese and australians. Plenty of non-US folks here. What are you talking about, Grope?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    This is an American board after all, so there's going to be a lot of stuff that's of limited interest to us.

I didn't want to start a Euro vs. US brawl.

I was just trying to ask, why there are no new Euro people on here. Hardly any Euro related info about records. Seems like the US people know a lot more about European music than we do. Which is kinda crazy.

All the big guys I've met were not interested in Soulstrut. Although they like the same kind of music we do. And most of them know Soulstrut. It's 2006. Hanging out on Soulstrut doesn't mean you're a nerd or sth. (At least that's what I think. )

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    actually I came across a Gabor Szabo record not long ago...its on that same label as Janne Schaffer (Three Leaf or something?)

anyone know if its any good?

the cover art is black and white and looked interesting to me.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

And the japanese and australians. Plenty of non-US folks here. What are you talking about, Grope?

I said non-native speakers. There are many people from the UK, Scandinavia and the Benelux countries, but hardly any people from Southern Europe or Eastern Europe.

I would really like to know more about Italian music and Spanish music for example. And German music, of course. Maybe there are some secret German forums online?

secret German forums

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I came across a Gabor Szabo record not long ago...its on that same label as Janne Schaffer (Three Leaf or something?)

is that any good?

the cover art is black and white and looked interesting to me.

I don't know it. Is it Belsta River (sp?)? But Belsta River has a pink cover. I have no idea. I'm not a huge Szabo fan. I like the Repulsion soundtrack though.
    The label is Four leaf. A four leafed trefoil (clover) --> a symbol for fortune

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Four Leaf thats it! thanks!

nah I'm sure it was Gabor Szabo, but I'm don't like his stuff that much so I didn't pick it up.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Four Leaf thats it! thanks!

nah I'm sure it was Gabor Szabo, but I'm don't like his stuff that much so I didn't pick it up.

there is a gabor szabo lp on four leaf called belsta river.
    it's ok, but i wouldn't really buy it (for much).

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    I want to talk about Euro records!

me too. please start!

finnaly !
    does anybody know sigrud cochius ?
    he is a dutch vagebont, just like me.

sigrud cochius ?

sigurd cochius? I think he only released one s/t lp
    (clip).
    Dude seems to be the Dutch moondog. Is he still alive?

i dont know.
    i got one record of his witch has some crazy jazzy grooves on it.
    he also did a song about spaghetti.
    i didnt know ya can find that stuff in germany.

• Big up from Poland / Warsaw . I know alot about east euro , We can talk about it , Peace

Big up from Poland / Warsaw . I know alot about east euro , We can talk about it , Peace

tell us about some good polish records.
    jensky ..... ?
    polish vibes

I came across a Gabor Szabo record not long ago...

didnt he left europe because of the communists ?

• What kind of stuff You like ? Psyche ? Jazz ? Funk ? Breaks ? It's alot of a dope polish records,

I came across a Gabor Szabo record not long ago...

didnt he left europe because of the communists ?

there??s a detailed biography available online.

What kind of stuff You like ? Psyche ? Jazz ? Funk ? Breaks ? It's alot of a dope polish records,

jazzfunk and jazz please!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    you see... there are some new euro people. be confident. contribute!

polish music is great. many of the early muza records are excellent jazz. i have yet to find another string beat. and a katowice big band lp.

• peace from gdansk, poland, lurking since 2003.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    US folks = loud and obnoxious

europeans seem to enjoy these traits when it comes to the records they so fetishize.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    US folks = loud and obnoxious

europeans seem to enjoy these traits when it comes to the records they so fetishize.

I'm on it! let's talk records! I like Eurostuff alot, US too, gimme those rekkids! Anyone any info on a record called "hope" on mps from 77? it's by this guy from herbolzheimers band, is it dope? i liked one song if i remember correctly...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    [Anyone any info on a record called hope on mps from 77? it's by this guy from herbolzheimers band, is it dope? i liked one song if i remember correctly...

jiggs whigham? it's not on mps. placebo-esque one tracker. on teldec.

• I know there's a fair share of Euro heads on here from Germany, France, England, Sweden, Denmark, Finland Norway and so on. They are just not as vocal (= loud and obnoxious) as the US folks. This is an American board after all, so there's going to be a lot of stuff that's of limited interest to us. Myself, I could care less about favorite Popeye sideorders or who's the new guvernor of Virginia or whatever, so I just skip all that clutter.
    You are building a reputation as a complainer.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I know there's a fair share of Euro heads on here from Germany, France, England, Sweden, Denmark, Finland Norway and so on. They are just not as vocal (= loud and obnoxious) as the US folks. This is an American board after all, so there's going to be a lot of stuff that's of limited interest to us. Myself, I could care less about favorite Popeye sideorders or who's the new guvernor of Virginia or whatever, so I just skip all that clutter.
    You are building a reputation as a complainer.

hey! i used to be the biggest european soulstrut complainer. now i have to build up MY reputation again!

i got given a mix with some jerzy milian 'Bazar W Aszchabadzie' nice hypnotic vibes. stuff is re-issued by cosmic sounds muza.
    but whats the og ?
    where should i look for ?