OSAKA MONOAURAIL BEST CONCERT EVER

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Osaka Monoaurail are a japanese funk band in the 60s style of James Brown. They recorded 4th LPs till now and they are the backing band for Marva Whitneys NEW LP which should be released in February 2007.So if thats not enough these dudes are THE POWER.I saw them yesterday live in concert, in front of only 40 sitting people. The club is very stylish. These are some pictures (not from yesterday, but you can check the atmosphere) So when I watched them in this wannabe higher class club and all the people where sitting and the waiters are running around with the drinks, in front of the stage I had the feeling of being in the 60s sitting in a club in Las Vegas while James Brown tryes to entertain the people who lost their black jack gamesOsaka Monoaurail didnt mind that not so many people showed up and played their asses off.The are all dressed up in 60s Mao style suits.(Pictures from a show in UK) The horn section is dancing or doing choreographies with there instruments like a tambourine major when not playing. The singer is like a nerdy version of James Brown, all in swagger, moves and shouting. They ran through a set of own compositions that sounded like some lost end 60s gems from JB and also some Brown covers like Mindpower and so on.I think this will be the nearest I can come to a original James Brown live expirience. I saw the James Brown once himself and have to say it sucked, but he is not the same man he was in 69.Osaka Monoaurail have so much power, style, class and coolness and I havent seen that one stage ever before. And I'm a music journalist for over 10 years now and have probably seen over 400 concerts from rock to rap to funk to jazz. Fuck them all, this was the best concert I ever saw.All of my music nerd friends had the same feeling. If you ever get the chance to watch a show of them do it, you'll not be disapointed !!!Here you can listen to some of their music and check their tour dates.OSAKA MONOAURAIL PeaceHawkeye