OH HELL YEAH! WE GOT IT. WE FUCKING GOT IT!

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I HAVE TO MAKE ANOTHER THREAD.SORRY.BEEN DREAMING ABOUT THIS FOR A LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG TIME.HANDS UP!!!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    OKAY!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Great!

Now, let's make up a plan.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Great!

Now, let's make up a plan.

seriously. still a lot more to be done.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    and Allen can go to bed everynight thinking about how he lost the Senate.

bitch.

HA!

Love it.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    and Allen can go to bed everynight thinking about how he lost the Senate.

bitch.

HA!

Love it.

This election overthrow was brought to you by one word:

Macaca.

Who knew that French racial slurs were so unpopular with Virginians? I take this as a sign of progress.

Close runner up:

Santorum.

• definitely the day of the dems!!!! what a fuckin turnaround!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats fatback...you predicted this shit and willed it into reality (i had my cynical doubts)

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Santorum.

Dan Savage had a vote in his colum to come up with a slang term for the frothy mixture of lube and butt juice formed durring anal sex. The overwelming winner was "Santorum".

• Santorum.

Dan Savage had a vote in his colum to come up with a slang term for the frothy mixture of lube and butt juice formed durring anal sex. The overwelming winner was "Santorum".

I believe it was the other way around. He had his readers submit and then vote for a homosexual sex-related definition for his name. Frothy won.

Herm

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

I'm the the guy dancing, democrats personified, and the kid, you guessed it, is the motherfucking republican stronghold getting DOMED!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    this is great news.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Can you explain why this was so close? From what I heard Webb was a conservative thoughtful guy who should have been a good fit for VA. From what I heard else where and your posts Allen is a self centered, phony redneck, who is less a VA than Bush is a Texan, who uses racial slurs, denies his heritage, has opponents manhandled all for his self aggrandisement.

So why so close? Too many Dems thinking Webb was a Dino? Too many Virginians pleased to learn a new racial slur? (I don't believe it.) Webb was a terrible campaigner? I'm sure neither candidate lacked for $$$.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The power of incumbency?

• Can you explain why this was so close? From what I heard Webb was a conservative thoughtful guy who should have been a good fit for VA. From what I heard else where and your posts Allen is a self centered, phony redneck, who is less a VA than Bush is a Texan, who uses racial slurs, denies his heritage, has opponents manhandled all for his self aggrandisement.

So why so close? Too many Dems thinking Webb was a Dino? Too many Virginians pleased to learn a new racial slur? (I don't believe it.) Webb was a terrible campaigner? I'm sure neither candidate lacked for $$$.

Webb isn't as good at the shit eating grin, baby kissing, gladhanding aspect of politics.

I don't know.

Allen was a shoe in until his macaca comment. All of the sudden the fucking geniuses at the DNC realized he was vulnerable. All your other points are true. They also realized the two areas that make or break statewide races would swing to Webb. Everybody knows about northern VA, but the Tidewater usually breaks GOP. Huge Navy Area. But, Hello? Dude was a Marine and Sec. of the Navy under Reagan the Great. My point is, Webb started with his own damn money going door to door and got no national funds until very late. Had the DNC put their bank behind him earlier, I think you would have seen a wider margin.

Oh and there are still a lot of bigoted, dumbass freaks in VA. See "marriage amendment" in addition to half the voters going for Countryboy Lynchstein.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    and Allen can go to bed everynight thinking about how he won't be running for Prez in 08[/b]

bitch.

HA!

Love it.

3rd party senate canidate got 20K votes
    Senator Webb could have played the vet card (both his & active duty son's) but kept it on the dlow

allen ran a very ugly hate filled campaign
    b/w
    stupid f-n mariage ammendment

Richmond Times Dispatch this AM:

"Sen. George Allen's campaign, facing probable defeat, hinted last night that the Republican could concede as early as today."

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Richmond Times Dispatch this AM:

"Sen. George Allen's campaign, facing probable defeat, hinted last night that the Republican could concede as early as today."

Once Allen concedes, I would like someone to edit together his concession speech with Michael Steele's hangdog concession speech so I can watch it on endless loop.

How sweet it is.

Allen expected to concede
    BY TYLER WHITLEY
    TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER
    Thursday, November 9, 2006

12:00

U.S. Sen. George Allen is expected to concede the race for the Senate today.

Allen's concession to Democrat Jim Webb would pave the way for the Democrats to gain a majority in the U.S. Senate.

Allen will hold a 3 p.m. news conference at the historic Carlyle House in Old Town Alexandria.

The Allen campaign has been monitoring the local canvassing of the election results and has not seen enough change to affect the outcome. Webb won by about 7,000 votes out of 2.3 million cast. article

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    FROM: http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/09/va.senate/index.html

Allen concedes, giving Senate control to Dems
    POSTED: 4:06 p.m. EST, November 9, 2006
    Adjust font size:
    Decrease fontDecrease font
    Enlarge fontEnlarge font

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Republican Sen. George Allen of Virginia conceded defeat Thursday afternoon to Democratic challenger Jim Webb, giving Democrats control of the Senate.

"My friends, sometimes winds -- political or otherwise -- can blow the limbs off branches or break limbs. But a deep-rooted tree will keep growing," Allen said from Alexandria, Virginia, with his wife, Susan, and young daughter, Brooke, by his side.

"The people of Virginia have spoken, and I respect their decision. The Bible teaches us there is a time and place for everything, and today I called and congratulated Jim Webb." (Watch Sen. Allen concede -- 4:29 Video)[/b]

Webb's win marks the first time the Democrats have snared 51 votes they needed to control the Senate since May 2001. The GOP regained the majority in the Senate after the 2002 midterm elections....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

"The people of Virginia have spoken, and I respect their decision. The Bible teaches us there is a time and place for everything, and today I called and congratulated Jim Webb." (Watch Sen. Allen concede -- 4:29 Video)[/b]

Is that right after the passage where it also says, "Tryeth not to be a racist and self-loathing, anti-Semite lest your political career should suffereth the consequences"?