one thing for sure about these elections...

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
...they are going to disappoint. I think. even if the (overly-) optimistic predicitons about the House and Senate changing hands are correct, nothing's going to change. but more likely the results will just not be as favorable for the Dems as expected.Yours Truly,Pessimist Rootless

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I believe Joe Leiberman winning sends a big message.

• Dems will get get majority in at least the house.

But the results about how many states are passing amendments against same sex marriage is truly disappointing.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    As I said before in the predictions thread, the Dems will most likely take over the House but it will lead to political deadlock with the Senate still under Republican control and the White House as well. You will get more hearings on the administration's policies in the House, that will be probably the only major change.

• if you want to feel sicka bout the state of politics in this country, check out this article on slate about the allegations of voter fraud...

http://www.slate.com/id/2153237/

• On the other hand, if you want a laugh...

I didn't even realize that Ted Kennedy was up for re-election. Man, that guy...what a pro.

(he has been given his seat on the news with 75% returns. Not bad, with not a sign, tv, or radio spot.)

Teddy just called Deval Patrick the 'govanah.'