MMA heads....

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I see you in here R*ss so I thought I'd resurrect this thread. But I couldn't find it so here's a new one.Two major events in the last couple weeks....Finally watched Pride 32: Real Deal. maaaaan. SPOILER alert.....I love how Coleman's team came out with those shirts that said "Fantasy Fight Club." That's obviously a proper name for his organization if he thought he could take Fedor. How funny was the English announcing from the Japanese people? "From Russia with Love"? WTF? And even the ref gave his instructions in piss poor English.The thing with Mark's kids was made all the more sad because of the extended pre-fight video about how much he loves them. "Say hi to Fedor, girls. He's a nice guy." Man that was sad to watch for me.BTW I guess "no knees to the head" was the only way they could get sanctioned in the US for this event? I feel like that eliminated the only possible way Coleman could have won.Henderson was, of course, amazing. And Butterbean?! Shogun continues to impress (and leave his bro in the dust). And his girl!??! FIRE. How about Bushido 13? More spoilers: Like I said in the last thread, Filho should have taken it, (and would have taken it) were it not for the injury. Anyway good to see Murilo win his even if he got knocked out of the actual competition earlier; he's one of my very favorite MMA fighters of all time.Anyone see Baldomir-Mayweather?

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I saw the Real Deal on PPV, and thought it wasn't as exciting as previous Pride fights.

I thought the Shogun fight was gonna pack more punch, but Randleman obviously has no ground game. The other fights were rather one-sided too.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bushido fight though. Especially the rematch between Gomi and Marcus Aru..(?)

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Bushido 13 was an ok card, too many decisions. Ishida killed it again but I'm not sure if he is ready for Gomi. Tough as nails Grabaka boy Misaki proved em wrong and hopefully we can see a hendo vs misaki III. Too bad about the Aoki Vs Melendez, I think Aoki was ready for him. Aokii is young but needs to step up now he is in Pride. Kinda pissed about Obiya after his fight with Milton I was hoping he would kick some ass in pride, just bad luck I guess. I was hoping that Kawajiri would make the card maybe against Azerado.

• Re: Real Deal: Man, Fantasy Fight Club just looked silly. And that whole scene with Coleman's kids was beyond f**ked up. I have never liked that dude.

Also, I heard that Belfort tested positive for steroids afterwards. Poor guy has never been the same since his sister was kidnapped and killed a few years back.

And I love Pride's announcer (Leni Hart?). She is certifiable.

Re: Bushido 13: I watched it last night and found it to be incredibly boring. Lots of dull fights that went the distance. It didn't help that I had the version in Korean, either. Anyone else find that one to be a bit of a snoozer?

• Also, I heard that Belfort tested positive for steroids afterwards. Poor guy has never been the same since his sister was kidnapped and killed a few years back.

yo he fell off long before that. and yeah, Bushido 13 was a snoozer.

• This just in: Kevin Randleman submitted fake urine at Pride 32.*

http://www.fightopinion.com/2006/11/07/not-a-good-day-for-kevin-randleman/

*You'd think the Hammer House would be really good at "submitting" by now.

• This just in: Kevin Randleman submitted fake urine at Pride 32.*

http://www.fightopinion.com/2006/11/07/not-a-good-day-for-kevin-randleman/

*You'd think the Hammer House would be really good at "submitting" by now.

haha. actually, while Hammer House certainly knows how to submit, Kevin has never known anything about "submissions."

that said, he is one of the more..er colorful (?) MMA heads. ever see his pre-fight interview after the car accident that almost took his head off? funniest shit ever. dude is certifiable.

and no shit he does steroids.