POST YOUR BALLOT OR YOUR SOFT!

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
US SENATE:James "Jim" Webb, Jr.[/b]--(duh)BALLOT QUESTION NUMBER 1:Shall Article I (the Bill of Rights) of the Constitution of Virginia be amended tostate:???That only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid inor recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions.This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize alegal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage.????NO![/b]

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    US SENATE:

James "Jim" Webb, Jr.[/b]

--(duh)

BALLOT QUESTION NUMBER 1:

Shall Article I (the Bill of Rights) of the Constitution of Virginia be amended to
    state:

???That only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in
    or recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions.

This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a
    legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage.????

NO![/b]

Arizona had the same Proposition, fat No on that one. I found myself ironically describing the proposition as "ghey" on my way to vote.

Is VA officially still part of the Commonwealth, or is it name only? Do the Brits got y'alls backs?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    US SENATE:

--(duh)

Shall Article I (the Bill of Rights) of the Constitution of Virginia be amended to
    state:

This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a
    legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage.????

NO![/b]

me too !

we also had a yes & no for a second & third local prop
    an indie county commish
    & a congressman (r) goodlatte running with no dem opponent
    there wer 2 indie choices, but last time i picked a chick indie running against nova mod T.Davis,
    i it was a laroucher
    yuck
    wrote in my neighbor's name instead
    then on the way out of the poll
    ran into the neighbor

go vote
    chix dig it

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Is VA officially still part of the Commonwealth, or is it name only? Do the Brits got y'alls backs?

Not sure what the whole Commonwealth bullshit is about.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Virginia designate themselves as commonwealth of __________. something archaic leftover from zee britz

i live in VA, but absenteed into MD, steele, o'malley.

So you're not re-electing Ehrlich, but sending his black version to the US Senate?

Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Virginia designate themselves as commonwealth of __________. something archaic leftover from zee britz

i also think Kentucky changed theirs to Commonbroke.

• US SENATE:

--(duh)

state:

NO![/b]

The same, the polls were packed this morning. Sadly, in VA I think the Marriage Amendment will pass. There are a lot of homophobes in this state (and the US in general). I also don't like that touch screen bullshit. It really doesn't sit well with me. I guess if they can argue over hanging chad on a paper ballot its not much different though.

Maybe I will say something about it when I vote again later today.

• It was sad....no one in my line (A-J) and only 4 folks in the K-Z line, sucks...looks like turnout is pretty poor today, at least here in Mempho.

we too had the marriage amendment...big fat "NO" for me as well...

Didnt want to vote for that douchebag Harold Ford, Jr., but I did, as the alternative, Bob Corker would be way worse...

• i think marriage ammendments are the most anti-conservative thing that the republican party ever could have come up with. that party is an embarrasment.

voting after work. can't wait.

Maybe I will say something about it when I vote again later today.

Ha- ha! ZING!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i also think Kentucky changed theirs to Commonbroke.

HA! We had electronic voting machines in our polling place. They weren't working so they just sat there and we used pens on paper. yay! it was funny to see the electronic ones just sitting there with nobody using them. some dude had one open and was trying to work on it. greeeeat.

• HA! We had electronic voting machines in our polling place. They weren't working so they just sat there and we used pens on paper. yay! it was funny to see the electronic ones just sitting there with nobody using them. some dude had one open and was trying to work on it. greeeeat.

• HA! We had electronic voting machines in our polling place. They weren't working so they just sat there and we used pens on paper. yay! it was funny to see the electronic ones just sitting there with nobody using them. some dude had one open and was trying to work on it. greeeeat.

Just put your ballot through here and it will process the results.