ALCHEMIST / DILATED PEOPLES - BACK AGAIN SAMPLE

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Yesterday we played the good old game of sample guessing. Than we came across a track we couldnt name the original sample.I hope some of you guys can help us out.What is the original sample of this track ???

PeaceHawkeyeP.S.It is not listed in The-Breaks.com

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    P.S.
    It is not listed in The-Breaks.com

But even if it's not listed there....

anyway...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Maybe you can find it on the recordkingz website!

it sounds like a random guitar lick and a synth bass. could be any anything. you wouldn't even need a sample for that kind of beat. just hit 5-10 notes on a midi keyboard and there you have it.

but i guess the people keep it real with sampling from the original records.

• NO I dont, I like this forum and you guys are my family, so why should I ask them neighbours when I can aks my brothers ????

And Grope, yes and no. The beat is simple but thats definitly a sample and the melody is, if not an original sample, it is re-played like the original sample.

But it is def a sample.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• yeah, i wanna know it too where the singing comes from. so nice

there??s another dilated sample that bugs me out. THIRD DEGREE

it??s on the soul beats compilation named as "interlude c-12" no artist, no year, nothing

anyone knows more about that one, i don??t mean the lou rawls part btw

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    'c-12'=carlos bess, the engineer for a ton of wu-tang records. also he put together that bozo meko record with the cool spanish kid song on it.

• 'c-12'=carlos bess, the engineer for a ton of wu-tang records. also he put together that bozo meko record with the cool spanish kid song on it.

Carlos Bess was a neighbor of mine when I was roomates w/Jamalski and 8-Off (Agallah) in the mid 90's.
    He's a very cool cat indeed and extremely knowledgable - particularly on the engineering side of things.
    Great drummer too.

• ah ok.
    so it seems he only re-edited/remixed the same source.
    between all the silvers and al green tracks i thought it??s the original , tzzz crazy compilation.

thanks for the info,
    the hunt continues

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    old topic but i try,

from the booklet:
    3. You Can't Hide, You Can't Run[/b]
    Sample: "Send Me" by Roslyn and Charles

does anyone has some info about ROSLYN?