MC Serch "Go white boy" on Warlock records?

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Does anyone know anything about this supposedly from the 80's?

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Does anyone know anything about this supposedly from the 80's?

I remember hearing it once or twice, but I don't remember much else about it. I seem to remember thinking it was OK, but nothing special by the standards of the day. Obviously it was well before 3rd Bass and all that.

• it's pretty much seviceable rhymes over the obivous white boy record. He clearly spent his time well between this and the first 3rd Bass record cuz the 3RDB is waaaaaay better lyrically. The Beats - Prince Paul, Bomb Squad, Sam Sever.... hard to go wrong with that line up back in the day.

• the name of the track is "beware of the death". But the chorus is "go white boy" so... it's on idlers records and was his 2nd single. The first being "mellisa/contact" both records were produced by Tony D from the bad boys(not the tony d from jerz)...

• produced by Tony D from the bad boys(not the tony d from jerz)...

I always thought it was Tony D from jersey. Didn't "Tony Dick gets the Gas face" got a response from Tony D (Jerz) on his solo album on Profile?

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    produced by Tony D from the bad boys(not the tony d from jerz)...

I always thought it was Tony D from jersey. Didn't "Tony Dick gets the Gas face" got a response from Tony D (Jerz) on his solo album on Profile?

Yeah, "Shoe Polish" on Tony D's album was the response record, but I believe the whole incident was a horrible misunderstanding.

Rap needs to take some cues from Hollywood and require each artist to have a unique name.