MARCO INVADES WFMU, CELEBRITYWATCHES. PICS INSIDE.

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
So I was in NYC this weekend to DJ and visit friends. Had a blast. I was pretty much drunk the whole time and didn't eat a bad meal the entire 4 days. At the risk of becoming the Nardwuar The Human Serviette of Soulstrut, here's some choice pics of me getting cozy with some WFMU Record Show luminaries. Observe the fairly consistent "he's way too close" body language of most of those pictured. Moderators: please note that I am NOT posting possibly the most important and controversial Soulstrut photo of 2006. With Payczech at Good Records NYC. This was after two sixpacks of Fosters BTW.With Marty ViolenceWith CoffinjoeWith Josh StylesWith two DansettesWith FinewineAnd for the real headz: With Miss Shing-A-LingWith Jared (ex-Sound Library)I also bought some records but who cares.Here's what I played at my gigs:-----------------------------------SMASHED!BLOCKED! - FRI NOV 3 2006-----------------------------------SET 1 (approximately)Sir Guy & His Rocking Cavaliers: Funky Virginia (DPG 45)Los Albas: Bugulu (Vergara Spain 45)Los Buenos: Looking Back (Accion Spain 45)The Sweet Feeling: Ask Me If I'm Ready (HMV Belgium 45)Status Quo: Paper Plane (A&M LP)The Leather Boy: Soulin' (MGM 45)The Moving Sidewalks: 99th Floor (Wand 45)Earl Lett: Soul Sax (Beantown 45)Jun Mayuzumi: Black Room (Capitol Japan 45)Monica: Hace Frio Ya (Columbia Spain 45)SET 2 (approximately)Lou Courtney: Hot Butter'n'All (Hurdy-Gurdy 45)Stoney & Meatloaf: What You See Is What You Get (Rare Earth 45)John Woolley & Just Born: You're Lying (Ronnex Belgium 45)Midgets: Mr. Taximan (Ronnex Belgium 45)Womb: My Baby Thinks About the Good Things (Dot 45)H.Y. Sledge: Finding It (SSS LP)Pat Simon: Small Town (Vogue Germany 45)Kati Kovacs: Wind, Komm Bring Den Regen Her (Amiga Germany LP)-----------------------------------FLIP CITY - SAT NOV 4 2006-----------------------------------The Innovation: I Can Make It Without You (RCA Victor 45)Les Sharks: Josie (RCA Victor Canada 45)Satin Bells: Come C'mon (Accion Spain 45)The Jerms: Baby Baby Love (Honor Brigade 45)Dean Parrish: Skate (Boom 45)Freddy Scott & Orchestra: Pow City (Marlin 45)Shocking Blue: Harley-Davidson (IMA Holland 45)Guitar Slim: Mini Boogaloo (Bo-Ro 45)The Outer Limits: Help Me Please (Deram 45)Pierre Perpall: Stop Il Faut Arreter (Citation Canada 45)The Skunks: Heart Teaser (Sheri 45)Los Mitos: Coge Mi Mano (Hispavox Spain 45)Zumrut: Siz Erkeklar (Ezgi Plakarli Turkey 45)The Sorrows: Vivi (Pye Italy 45)The Dragons: Heart Transplantation (Belter Spain 45)Sammy Hawks & The Satisfactions (Stag Records 45)

Comments